to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Call of Duty: Ghosts Perks list - how to unlock them early

Your comments on our articles.

35 Perks, seven categories, plenty of flexibility

In real life, a soldier who enters the fray armed with nought but a knife and his trousers is dead meat, pretty much. In Call of Duty: Ghosts, he could be a superhuman force of destruction, invisible to radar, proof against bullet and boom-boom alike. Taking its cue from Black Ops 2, Infinity Ward has implemented a points-based Perk system in which you can discard all weapons and grenades for the sake of additional abilities.... read more

Call of Duty: Ghosts Perks list - how to unlock them early

Postby bamozzy » 30 Oct 2013, 16:22

Some interesting new perks, some familiar ones and a few that I preferred were more like Black Ops 2 (i.e. Stalker) which improve weapon handling and so seem better as attachments.

Never the less interested to see how these all work and certainly allow quite a bit of variety in terms of customisation and the way the game play will work for your character and style of play. No doubt (as with all games) these will be tweaked and refined with patches
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 61

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Perks list - how to unlock them ear

Postby fishclaws » 30 Oct 2013, 20:35

trying to figure out if 35 perks is a lot - i'm too lazy to load up bo2 to find out
when the sun shines - i feel the urge to eat apples
fishclaws 29

Postby Raviel » 30 Oct 2013, 20:43

First COD I've been looking forward to since MW2 and it turns out to be only 720p for the Xbox One :cry:
Seems wierd to me that it can't reach 1080p when COD's never really looked demanding though :?
Raviel 24

Postby majormomsticky » 30 Oct 2013, 22:08

This 720p vs 1080p crap is overrated anyway you can't notice a difference unless you got a TV 40 inch or above and most British homes ain't large enuff for such a size TV anyway even this some people do have that size but most people have 32 inch its most common size for a tv in the UK so either way it will still looks stunning even at 720p :D
majormomsticky 30

Postby HeRo Of MoJoJo » 30 Oct 2013, 23:03

Raviel wrote:First COD I've been looking forward to since MW2 :?

I feel the same way first COD I've looked forward to as well :D
HeRo Of MoJoJo 6

Postby games1master_uk » 31 Oct 2013, 02:27

I was really crossing my fingers with the point system for perks as its way dated back to when consoles didnt have the power to handle much... never mind thats life.

As for all this xbox one 720p WTF its bad very bad i will be able to tell the diff i have a 60" tv. I might have made a misstake in getting the xbox one!!! Microsoft better buck there ideas up as this may be the last console i get from them. Done it before nintendo sega...
games1master_uk 50

Postby bamozzy » 31 Oct 2013, 14:15

I must admit Ghosts certainly wasn't a game I was really looking forward too. Black Ops 2 was far more anticipated by me and I don't actually feel disappointed by it. MW3 on the other hand was a game I was greatly looking forward too amd went to the midnight launch to get my Hardened Edition. However that game did disappoint. The gameplay was ruined by lag, so many BS deaths andthe very poor DLC content - I would have saved money by only buying 3 of the packs at most as I had NO interest in co-op missions and face off. From my point of view and as long term player of CoD games IW has gone downhill but Treyarch have really grown so I was not particularly keen on Ghosts.

I have a 46" 1080p Samsung TV so I think I may be able to see the difference BUT ultimately its about the gameplay. I would sacrifice a slight resolution issue IF the gameplay is solid. That being said I am slightly disappointed to learn that Ghosts will be 720p but upscaled where as the PS4 will be 1080p. I am not in a position to buy a next gen console at the moment but thins like this may influence my choice if and when the finances ae such to invest in the next generation.

I do know that Xbox One has received an upgrade over the development kits that IW developed this game on so I hope that is the reason behind this difference and not a 'harder to programme on' issue - although as it is microsoft and the game is also on PC I don't think this is the most likely. No doubt this game has been in development for a long time and therefore hope that the upgraded xbox one didn't reach the developers in time to run this at 1080p as standard. I know it is also very early days and the consoles have not yet been released but I will now be watching very closely the native resolutions of all multi-platform games on both these consoles. Xbox One (as Xbox has been my main console) WAS my first choice but it is only ahead by a very small margin.
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 61

Postby FishyGinger » 31 Oct 2013, 14:24

Just updating my preprepared death threats, is murderise a real word?
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66