to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Halo Wars goes free with Xbox Gold in Korea

Your comments on our articles.

Will Microsoft bring the deal to UK and US audiences, too?

Another free Xbox Game with Gold will soon be upon us - is already upon us, when it comes to the good people of Korea. Microsoft appears to have lopped the price tag off Halo Wars for Xbox Gold users in the region. Alas, it still costs £14.99 in the UK.... read more

Postby Metalrodent » 31 Oct 2013, 12:07

Good game, albeit limited in a few respects - discovered the other day I've put over 60hrs into it, doesn't time fly xD
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby 360365 » 31 Oct 2013, 12:09

Hope they do, I was only thinking about this the other day when they announced Spartan assault.
360365 34

Re: Halo Wars goes free with Xbox Gold in Korea

Postby FishyGinger » 31 Oct 2013, 12:44

This is the first title I'd be more than happy for. Almost bought it some time back but it listed it as only 1ms point. Tried to buy it and it said I was short by about 4 billion points I think it was.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 31 Oct 2013, 13:02

Whilst I do hope they do add this to the list of free games available over here, I also hope they make it much easier to locate the games they're giving away free than they are at the moment, as I went online yesterday to see what the current free game is, and for the life of me I couldn't locate it leading me to believe that the giving away of free games had finished!

So, assuming it is still happening, what is the current free game, and where on earth do I locate it?
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby SilentDark » 31 Oct 2013, 13:54

It is rather inconsistent, normally it tends to turn up in the featured games page, but not always, it's as if they don't want people knowing about their freebies. /conspiracy

Anyway I'd be happy to get Halo Wars as it would save me a fiver, still, I'd prefer Tales of Vesperia, it's only £20 MS. Come on, be nice.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 65

Postby CunningSmile » 31 Oct 2013, 14:11

AllusiveTurtle wrote:Whilst I do hope they do add this to the list of free games available over here, I also hope they make it much easier to locate the games they're giving away free than they are at the moment, as I went online yesterday to see what the current free game is, and for the life of me I couldn't locate it leading me to believe that the giving away of free games had finished!

So, assuming it is still happening, what is the current free game, and where on earth do I locate it?

It's still happening. Currently (until the end of the day) it's Halo 3. New one tomorrow but so far I don't think so much as a rumour has come out as to what it is
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby yunoyuluvit » 31 Oct 2013, 14:19

CunningSmile wrote:
AllusiveTurtle wrote:Whilst I do hope they do add this to the list of free games available over here, I also hope they make it much easier to locate the games they're giving away free than they are at the moment, as I went online yesterday to see what the current free game is, and for the life of me I couldn't locate it leading me to believe that the giving away of free games had finished!

It's still happening. Currently (until the end of the day) it's Halo 3. New one tomorrow but so far I don't think so much as a rumour has come out as to what it is

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/game-with-gold

You can add it to your download queue from here as well.
yunoyuluvit 41

Postby scham81 » 31 Oct 2013, 17:27

CunningSmile wrote:

The next set of free games for Xbox Live Golf Members in November will be A World of Keflings and Iron Brigade.
scham81 33

Postby Scott Monkey 77 » 31 Oct 2013, 17:27

Nope, it's actually World of Keflings, then Iron Brigade next month.

http://majornelson.com/2013/10/31/games ... -november/

Shame, I'd've given Halo Wars a try for free.
Scott Monkey 77 1

Postby TheHypocrite07 » 31 Oct 2013, 18:51

Sounds like the US won't be as lucky which is too bad as this would have been an instant download vs the actual games going up which I will probably skip
TheHypocrite07 16