to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox One launch doesn't need Titanfall, says MS - "I think w

Your comments on our articles.

"Sure, it would have had an impact at launch, but I think it's coming at a perfect time for us," argues Spencer

The Xbox One launch line-up is pretty sturdy, I think we can all agree, with Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5 and Killer Instinct seemingly poised to claim top honours. But where's the exclusive first-person shooter? And on that note, did Microsoft ever think about pressuring EA and Respawn to ship the much-anticipated Titanfall this November?... read more

Xbox One launch doesn't need Titanfall, says MS - "I think w

Postby Daniel2 » 31 Oct 2013, 14:35

i highly doubt it, after the latest 720p confirmations i think there will be lots of hardware left on the shelves!
Daniel2 24

Re: Xbox One launch doesn't need Titanfall, says MS - "I thi

Postby majormomsticky » 31 Oct 2013, 14:42

720p or 1080p it won't affect sales you can't even notice the difference unless you got a TV bigger then 40 inch and most British people have 32 inch or less so makes no difference to most of us only a small amount play on a 50 - 60 inch TV I've got a 720p and 1080p TV the 720p has better graphics then my 1080p TV and the 1080p TV cost £350 more and therve both Samsung's

This 720p vs 1080p crap is childish crap !
majormomsticky 30

Postby Currambo » 31 Oct 2013, 14:42

For every person that cancels a pre-order, theres more waiting in the wings who still want an Xbox One. Like Phil says in the interview, both Sony and MS will be selling all the consoles they can build, the demand is there for both of them. Theres no denying that PS4 will likely sell more, especially early on. But the fact is, they're both going to sell out!

This whole pixel-war is given waaaaay too much weight in the hardcore gaming circles/forums that I, and probably you, frequent. Fact is, most people dont care or can't tell the difference. Xbox fans will buy Xbox, PS fans will buy PS.
Currambo 54

Postby Daniel2 » 31 Oct 2013, 14:54

majormomsticky wrote:720p or 1080p it won't affect sales you can't even notice the difference unless you got a TV bigger then 40 inch and most British people have 32 inch or less so makes no difference to most of us only a small amount play on a 50 - 60 inch TV I've got a 720p and 1080p TV the 720p has better graphics then my 1080p TV and the 1080p TV cost £350 more and therve both Samsung's

This 720p vs 1080p crap is childish crap !

im sorry but thats a ridiculous statement, we may have just stuck with standard def crt tvs following that logic
Daniel2 24

Postby Skipstream » 31 Oct 2013, 14:56

I'm glad Titanfall is March - looking forward to it! Enough on now finishing GTA V on my 360 let alone the couple of titles I'll no doubt pick up on X1 launch. Still undecided on that but I'm leaning towards DR3 and BF4.

As for the whole 1080p comment meaning there will be stock left on shelves - utter sh**te. People get confused and think that followers of OXM, CVG, IGN etc etc make up the majority of console buyers - they don't! PARENTS do! And most of them just get the one they think will suit the family. Kinect is a great family accessory, the whole "One" experience will sell it to families. Let alone that if the family is used to 360 then the will stick with what they know and trust and get an X1.

MS knows this - supposed 'hard core' gamers like "us" (don't really count myself one as I don't have more than about 6 hours gaming time a week) make up a smaller proportion of buyers - but boy do we make the most noise :-)

I for one am sick of the whole 1080p thing right now - in all the time with my 360 I have never once checked out a PS3 review of a multi-platform title to compare them. Not sure why the hell I've allowed myself to get drawn in this time to be honest.

Roll on 22nd!

Just want DR3 and Ryse reviews now so I can choose which one will keep me going until the New Year!
Skipstream 50

Postby Dirkster1 » 31 Oct 2013, 15:05

For hardcore gamers the seem only to talk about the pixel resolution. For me when I see Titanfall or a Call of Duty game whether it is 720p or 1080p really makes no difference as long as they clean up the jagged edges with anti-aliasing. As fast paced as these games are you would never know in the course of playing it what the resolution is and probably not care. If you do care then the either you or the game is doing something wrong. Then there is the fact you will have people like me that simply will not buy this type of game because I have become bored to death of shooter games. The Microsoft Rep. is also correct that why would they need this game at launch? They will sell out and you would then have to wait anyway, because you don't have a console to play the game on. There will be enough good games exclusive or not on the PS4 and XB1 to justify whatever purchase you want. So can't we all just get along and hope both companies do well?
Dirkster1 3

Postby CunningSmile » 31 Oct 2013, 15:33

Oh joy another thread about pixel counts. How many is this now? 300? 400? :roll:
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 31 Oct 2013, 15:42

CunningSmile wrote:Oh joy another thread about pixel counts. How many is this now? 300? 400? :roll:

720 haw haw haw.

Anyways turns out the PS+ has more gigaflops of pixel than the whole of the xbox One and every windows phone put together.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby Nick Nack » 31 Oct 2013, 15:44

CunningSmile wrote:Oh joy another thread about pixel counts. How many is this now? 300? 400? :roll:

Yup, but i'm afraid it is a big deal for alot of people. You only have to hear what gamers and gaming journalists have to say on the matter. Matt from Videogamer has gave his views on the 720p issue, and they are exactly what i've been saying in other posts. And Matt knows his stuff, heres his video on it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcY-VaBYu30
Nick Nack 47

Postby Maximus T » 31 Oct 2013, 15:49

FishyGinger wrote:

720 haw haw haw.

Anyways turns out the PS+ has more gigaflops of pixel than the whole of the xbox One and every windows phone put together.

More Giga Floating-Point Operations Per Second of Pixel? :wink:
Impressive.
A benzene ring changes everything.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 68

Postby CunningSmile » 31 Oct 2013, 15:52

Nick Nack wrote:

Yup, but i'm afraid it is a big deal for alot of people. You only have to hear what gamers and gaming journalists have to say on the matter. Matt from Videogamer has gave his views on the 720p issue, and they are exactly what i've been saying in other posts. And Matt knows his stuff, heres his video on it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcY-VaBYu30

A big enough deal that EVERY SINGLE THREAD NEEDS TO DECEND INTO IT? MS could be demanding the soul of my first born child and it wouldn't be a deal big enough for that to happen
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 31 Oct 2013, 16:01

If it's a big deal can I ask why you don't just get a pc to get the shiny shiny?
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby Nick Nack » 31 Oct 2013, 16:08

Don't have a strop at me, i didn't start it off on this page, i just responded to a comment lol. All i've done is left a link to a video explaining this 720p thing, and Microsofts and Sony vision on the paths they are taking, so people can understand what it all means :)
Nick Nack 47

Postby something fishy » 31 Oct 2013, 16:14

I have a pc for the high end stuff, the consoles are for the console exclusives so not bothered at all.

after a couple of gens of not caring when they had a weaker machine its amusing seeing how many fans now think the most powerful console is all important.

It's still more about brand than anything else for so many.
something fishy 32

Postby Grummy » 31 Oct 2013, 16:15

Nick Nack wrote:Don't have a strop at me, i didn't start it off on this page, i just responded to a comment lol. All i've done is left a link to a video explaining this 720p thing, and Microsofts and Sony vision on the paths they are taking, so people can understand what it all means :)

In an unrelated thread that has nothing to do with the resolution issue. You could have easily dumped that link in a related thread instead. Please do so in the future.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Next