to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Why Titanfall is next gen's most exciting console exclusive

Your comments on our articles.

"We've got a hell of a streak here!"

Eight-hour queues are usually the preserve of theme parks in high season. But as Gamescom opened to the public, Respawn and EA's online-only, mech-v-man shooter got in on the anticipation action, with wads of 100-Euro bills exchanging hands for a bit of light line-jumping. There was even a fast-pass system.... read more

Postby something fishy » 03 Nov 2013, 13:26

Sounds a lot of fun.

I am so bad at online games that I'll no doubt be rubbish but I look forward to trying it.
something fishy 31

Re: Why Titanfall is next gen's most exciting console exclus

Postby KernowDevil23 » 03 Nov 2013, 13:45

Absolute top of my wishlist this one. Can't wait!
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby majormomsticky » 03 Nov 2013, 15:45

Already Pre ordered this even thow it's not out till march , I'm that looking forward to it but I must admit I'm glad its not a launch day release because I have battlefield and cod to keep me busy wile I wait , I only ever play cod for the single player / play multiplayer until I get bored with it like I do every year around Feb or march time so titanfall will be replacing my cod so its being released at the perfect time for me , not sure about the rest of you gamers thow ? :D
majormomsticky 30

Postby Vulgar Plebeian » 03 Nov 2013, 15:54

Looks like Ghosts is going to sate my bloodlust until about the same time as "majormomsticky" - I get bored of it after about four months too.

Hugely anticipating Titanfall - been following Respawn since its creation - along with The Division and Destiny.
Vulgar Plebeian 47

Postby majormomsticky » 03 Nov 2013, 16:36

Vulgar Plebeian wrote:Looks like Ghosts is going to sate my bloodlust until about the same time as "majormomsticky" - I get bored of it after about four months too.

Hugely anticipating Titanfall - been following Respawn since its creation - along with The Division and Destiny.

Yeah atleast its not just me :D , I thought I was the only person who finds call of duty gets very boring after 3 - 4 months
Battlefield 4 & titanfall will keep my more excited they would last me 2 years :D
majormomsticky 30

Postby Picotrain » 04 Nov 2013, 01:31

You said that the Smart Pistol is strong. Thus far, we haven't seen much footage of it in action. Given its description, it seems like it could easily be overpowered, as it can home in on targets who are not even visible and score a headshot. What are the disadvantages of the Smart Pistol that keep it balanced?
Picotrain 3

Postby danhalen74 » 04 Nov 2013, 11:41

this is the one game making me lean toward xbox1 rather than ps4, still time for sony to win me over though. anything as good as Last of Us would do it. i went to the xboxone tour event in london last week and have to say i was pretty underwhelmed with both dead rising 3 and ryse. the price of the console needs looking at too...
danhalen74 44

Postby Metalratex » 04 Nov 2013, 14:04

I hope that'll be the game which will make COD and BF really to want to improve.
Metalratex 23

Postby The Hulk » 05 Nov 2013, 00:42

Played Titanfall at Eurogamer this year and although I have to admit it had the largest queue at the show it did raise a lot of questions for me....
1. The game was running on PC not Xbox one ! A little surprising for what is now being proposed as the Xbox one's jewel in it's crown! Could it be that the Xbox one doesn't have the power to run it like it's high-end gaming PC counter parts? With problems with it's optimisation leading to it's delay until later this year ? (720p Titan fall won't really cut it compared to 1080p on gaming PC)
2. The game itself seemed fun in it's verticality! It was cool to fight at different street levels but it did seem generic in several ways.....
A) The enemy soldiers and Titans are the same tech as your own team ! The main difference being that enemies show up with one colour arrow and enemies with another Red or Blue at times it was hard to tell who was a team mate and who was an enemy.
B) There were only three classes of pilot and three classes of Titan ( This was an early build but if this is the final count it's quite limited)
C) For me Killzone on PS3 was never as good as Halo as it lacked the story and emotional involvement with it's generic story and characters where as the Chief Cortina or Buck of the ODST gave the game meaning.. The short back story given for Titanfall so far seems very Killzone generic and not even 'Gears of war' in it's quality and that for me at this stage in it's development seems rather worrying.
3. As a Big Sci-fi and FPS fan I am going to have to hold off on getting my preorder Xbox-one now as there are no launch games that interest me! (As I can already get Ghost and and Battlefield on my Xbox 360)

I will wait for the second wave of games to arrive... Destiny, Halo5 and Titanfall perhaps by then developers may have harnessed the power of the 'cloud' so that the Xbox one can run games of today! (Let alone the jump in power that would be needed to run high end PC games in 5 years time)
I hope Microsoft have a lot more tricks up their sleeve as at the moment I am underwhelmed ! So to the many wanting an Xbox one out there at launch you will be pleased to know that my local Game will have an extra day one edition (And four launch games I had preordered) for those eager to get their hands on the new tech!
Looks like I will be playing my Xbox 360 for a while longer !
The Hulk 41

Postby Blackout G83 » 05 Nov 2013, 10:31

Can someone please explain to me why most the games people are getting to play are on the pc and not the xbox one?
Blackout G83 39

Postby dalejake » 11 Jan 2014, 13:35

Really Looking forward to this one I am board to tears of cod ghosts multiplayer worst one yet
dalejake 18