to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

The OXM Breakdown - Xbox One versus the Fanboys

Your comments on our articles.

Which side are you on?

The PS4 versus Xbox One wars have dominated the internet for months, but where does the man on the street stand? And what happens when you repeatedly corner and threaten the man on the street with a sound-capturing electronic apparatus? To find out, the OXM Breakdown's crack team of reporters led by Jon "Bob Woodward" Blyth took to the airy precincts of Trafalgar Square, where they were somehow not arrested.... read more

The OXM Breakdown - Xbox One versus the Fanboys

Postby Bezza89 » 04 Nov 2013, 18:00

I couldn't get far into the video, sure it was 1080p but the framerate wasn't 60fps, it was like how all normal video is displayed on youtube.

Thought I'd get that out the way with. Might add, bing my balls is very catchy.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Re: The OXM Breakdown - Xbox One versus the Fanboys

Postby TheBobinator117 » 04 Nov 2013, 18:06

"Hi, I'm Sony. I have lots of cool, nifty innovations."

"Hi, I'm Microsoft. I have Halo..."

As easy as that really :L I play consoles for games, everything else is just a bonus.
TheBobinator117 22

Postby Neil H » 04 Nov 2013, 18:08

This video just convinced me to stay indoors for another ten years
Whatever doesn't kill me........had better start running
Neil H 22

Postby lazercut123 » 04 Nov 2013, 18:11

Easily the best yet! Knack!
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Postby Bubblebeard JS » 04 Nov 2013, 18:17

0.37 really looks like OXMs Aoife.... oooo yeahhhhhh 8)
Bubblebeard JS 38

Postby fishclaws » 04 Nov 2013, 18:23

woooooooooooooooooooo FAN BOY FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT BURN SONY BURN
when the sun shines - i feel the urge to eat apples
fishclaws 29

Postby xPearse » 04 Nov 2013, 18:27

TheBobinator117 wrote:"Hi, I'm Sony. I have lots of cool, nifty innovations."

As easy as that really :L I play consoles for games, everything else is just a bonus.

Hi im Microsoft.... I have Halo 4 the best game evar, seriously didn't you play Halo 4, ODST, Reach and Anniversary. Using Halo as a means for Microsoft to sell stuff isn't a good idea because all those named Halo games suck bubbles out of your ass. Also video is lame, sony bony and microsoft soft..... seriously.
Last edited by xPearse on 04 Nov 2013, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
xPearse 26

Postby CunningSmile » 04 Nov 2013, 18:29

xPearse wrote:

Hi im Microsoft.... I have Halo 4 the best game evar, seriously didn't you play Halo 4, ODST, Reach and Anniversary. Using Halo as a means for Microsoft to sell stuff isn't a good idea because all those named Halo games suck bubbles out of your ass.

And you seem largely alone in that belief, many other people actually like the later entries
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Metalrodent » 04 Nov 2013, 18:30

xPearse wrote:

Hi im Microsoft.... I have Halo 4 the best game evar, seriously didn't you play Halo 4, ODST, Reach and Anniversary. Using Halo as a means for Microsoft to sell stuff isn't a good idea because all those named Halo games suck bubbles out of your ass. Also video is lame, sony bony and microsoft soft..... seriously.

Aahahahaaa yeah cause 4, ODST, Reach and Anniversary were completely broken and unplayable :lol:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby TheBobinator117 » 04 Nov 2013, 18:32

xPearse wrote:Hi im Microsoft.... I have Halo 4 the best game evar, seriously didn't you play Halo 4, ODST, Reach and Anniversary. Using Halo as a means for Microsoft to sell stuff isn't a good idea because all those named Halo games suck bubbles out of your ass.

Actually my quote was more directed to the fact that I prefer consoles for games than any other feature, and I used Halo as an example because I like Halo. Nothing to do with whether other people thought it was bad or whether Microsoft are using Halo to sell stuff...simply the fact that I like Halo. People can have any preference they want to what games they like mate :D
TheBobinator117 22

Postby xPearse » 04 Nov 2013, 18:34

The series went through a major retcon, how can people still stand by it. Halo hasn't been Halo since Halo 3, after that a retcon was put in place, costumes were redesigned and game play was changed for the worse. Halo 4 turned into the bastard child of COD, it's horrible to play. It doesn't mean they're unplayable as it CAN be fun but 90% of the time it's a nightmare.
xPearse 26

Postby TheBobinator117 » 04 Nov 2013, 18:38

xPearse wrote:The series went through a major retcon, how can people still stand by it. Halo hasn't been Halo since Halo 3, after that a retcon was put in place, costumes were redesigned and game play was changed for the worse. Halo 4 turned into the bastard child of COD, it's horrible to play. It doesn't mean they're unplayable as it CAN be fun but 90% of the time it's a nightmare.

I've always been a huge fan of the lore behind Halo, which never really been messed about (except for Chief's childhood) so its always the same game for me. I will admit, Halo 4 wasn't that great but I'm happy to have further increased my knowledge of the Halo universe :D

It's a learning process, and I'm sure better things will come in the future.
TheBobinator117 22

Postby FishyGinger » 04 Nov 2013, 18:39

I'm really not sure what you're getting at, or did I miss the announcement that the ps4 doesn't play games?
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby TheBobinator117 » 04 Nov 2013, 18:41

FishyGinger wrote:

I'm really not sure what you're getting at, or did I miss the announcement that the ps4 doesn't play games?

Oh yeah it was more of a dig at people who were complaining about the next gen Xbox running at 720p or something haha...I just play games for games and life would be so much simpler if it was a shared ideology :L

Also I don't care about any TV service either :P
TheBobinator117 22

Postby Aphasial » 04 Nov 2013, 19:03

xPearse wrote:The series went through a major retcon, how can people still stand by it. Halo hasn't been Halo since Halo 3, after that a retcon was put in place, costumes were redesigned and game play was changed for the worse. Halo 4 turned into the bastard child of COD, it's horrible to play. It doesn't mean they're unplayable as it CAN be fun but 90% of the time it's a nightmare.

I loved Halo 4, ODST and Reach. Can't stand COD.

'These are stone killers, little man. They ain't cuddly like me.'
Jayne Cobb, Firefly
Aphasial 21

Next