to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Your comments on our articles.

Smooth apparitions

It's an odd feeling, the COD effect. The need to shoot, kill, win, and shoot again grows, takes hold, gets under your skin. You're so busy chasing that high, the drip-fed sense of accomplishment that comes from maintaining a killstreak, that you're unlikely to stop and admire the little things. The dust clouds that blossom as the earth cracks open after an almighty quake, the debris floating haphazardly around a ransacked space station corridor, your guard dog's ears as they twitch upon catching the sound of nearby gunfire. The real ghosts of the latest Call of Duty title are the artful little touches that most players will pass past completely as they hurtle headfirst into their next firefight.... read more

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Postby Metalrodent » 05 Nov 2013, 09:33

Nice review, good to see a nice long detailed look at it

Kinda a shame to hear the campaign's even shorter now, though not at all suprised to hear it's another 'Murica does what it wants with righteous justice' fest

Multiplayer still sounds samey but fun, but slightly irritated to hear "Any piece of equipment can be unlocked at any time, regardless of your rank, provided you've got the SP to cover it." as that's what I didn't like about BO1, it slightly defeats the point of leveling up to me.

I'm kinda undecided on Extinction too, guess I'll have to play it to find out
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Postby Neil H » 05 Nov 2013, 09:54

Staying away from the COD machine for the first time this year - to much other goodness around to justify a purchase for me :|

EDIT - And NO its nothing to do with the resolution :!:
Last edited by Neil H on 05 Nov 2013, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever doesn't kill me........had better start running
Neil H 22

Postby mackered » 05 Nov 2013, 09:55

Neil H wrote:Staying away from the COD machine for the first time this year - to much other goodness around to justify a purchase for me :|

This, plus I'm getting too old.
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50

Postby Skipstream » 05 Nov 2013, 10:23

mackered wrote:
Neil H wrote:Staying away from the COD machine for the firstf time this year - to much other goodness around to justify a purchase for me :|

These, plus I'm bored, when they innovate I'll purchase again. Maybe pick up BF4 for multiplayer this year but I want something new for my new toys!
Skipstream 47

Postby Drviolence » 05 Nov 2013, 10:39

Strange as IGN said the campaign was good and the best for a while,they also said it the longest campaign in a while at around 10 hours...
Drviolence 33

Postby Skipstream » 05 Nov 2013, 10:43

Drviolence wrote:Strange as IGN said the campaign was good and the best for a while,they also said it the longest campaign in a while at around 10 hours...

If that's the case I'll pick it up later on next year when it's cheap 2nd hand on the XO.
Skipstream 47

Postby fishclaws » 05 Nov 2013, 10:52

[quote="Skipstream"][quote="mackered"][quote="Neil H"]Staying away from the COD machine for the firstf time this year - to much other goodness around to justify a purchase for me

These, plus I'm bored, when they innovate I'll purchase again. Maybe pick up BF4 for multiplayer this year but I want something new for my new toys!

These plus i can't be bothered for it anymore.
when the sun shines - i feel the urge to eat apples
fishclaws 29

Postby Grummy » 05 Nov 2013, 11:27

fishclaws wrote:

These plus they're not giving away free promotional bacon. No sale.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby CunningSmile » 05 Nov 2013, 11:30

Cheers for the review. Love the fact you list "It's Call of Duty" as both a positive and a negative, although by the sounds of things you could probably have stripped out the entire review apart from those two points and we'd all still take away the same opinion of whether we were buying it or not.
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Muppetman51 » 05 Nov 2013, 12:34

Grummy wrote:
fishclaws wrote:

These plus they're not giving away free promotional bacon. No sale.

I believe the script and voice-over work should be hammy enough for all. :)
You just shot the invisible swordsman!
Muppetman51 30

Postby EdDeRs1 » 05 Nov 2013, 13:09

wait... so are you saying that you can WIN in Extinction mode?
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1 39

Postby Metalratex » 05 Nov 2013, 13:12

Letdown: It's Call of Duty. :o
Metalratex 23

Postby Bubblebeard JS » 05 Nov 2013, 13:23

you mean to say the latest installment scored less than the latest battlefield 4??
whilst i totally agree with you, but its strange not to see you give it a higher score because its COD?? :shock:
battlefield has always been better in my opinion, but always scored less...... nice to see an honest review tho.
Bubblebeard JS 38

Postby Timmeh555 » 05 Nov 2013, 13:24

I have always hated Zombies, think it is crap so the extinction mode is just pointless for me , single player seems as dull as ever but at least the multilayer is still good
Timmeh555 43

Postby itsxkenny » 05 Nov 2013, 13:34

just played it at my m8s thought i would check it out b4 i buy thank god i did its just cod with new maps dont get me wrong if you like cod you will like it but having played them all i find it the same as b4. spawns on free 4 all still bullcrap. RIP cod its had its day.
itsxkenny 10

Next