to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Video: see Call of Duty: Ghosts running on Xbox One

Your comments on our articles.

Next gen footage breaks cover following current gen review publication

We can't bring you footage of Call of Duty: Ghosts on Xbox One yet, for reasons of Umbongo (whimsy-free translation: embargo), but Youtube user TmarTn can, apparently. He's published two videos of Infinity Ward's latest, not-quite-greatest shooter in action on Microsoft's new console. Gird your retinas, polish your lenses and take a squint.... read more

Video: see Call of Duty: Ghosts running on Xbox One

Postby stylon » 05 Nov 2013, 16:21

I know it's a compressed youtube video but I really hope that isn't actually X1 footage. It looks no better than current gen unless I'm missing something? :shock:
stylon 48

Re: Video: see Call of Duty: Ghosts running on Xbox One

Postby Timmeh555 » 05 Nov 2013, 16:30

Quick question based on what you said, do you guys have XO in the office then to capture the footage of COD or was this at an event?
Timmeh555 43

Postby OXM ETboy » 05 Nov 2013, 16:32

It's not our footage, and I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of an Xbox One at OXM HQ.

/passes round the tinfoil hats
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby lazercut123 » 05 Nov 2013, 16:38

I'd be very surprised if they didn't have at least one One, otherwise how are they going to review games for it (which I'm guessing is happening around now....)

Who's turn is it to possess the hat of foility?
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Postby CunningSmile » 05 Nov 2013, 16:47

lazercut123 wrote:I'd be very surprised if they didn't have at least one One, otherwise how are they going to review games for it (which I'm guessing is happening around now....)

Who's turn is it to possess the hat of foility?

GamesRadar and CVG have both posted PS4 reviews of Assassins Creed based on "review events" so I'm guessing it's possible to review next gen without having one of the consoles. Of course that doesn't mean Ed isn't holding out on us :lol:
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby lazercut123 » 05 Nov 2013, 16:51

If the Mods don't know then I have no hope of knowing :( :wink: .
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Postby CunningSmile » 05 Nov 2013, 16:53

Oh trust me we never get told anything more than you. I've never met any of the staff in person, or been to OXM Towers. I didn't even know about the competition to go to the preview night until they posted the pictures of everyone there.

In fact I do this job entirely for the love :wink:
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Chameleon1977 » 05 Nov 2013, 16:54

CunningSmile wrote:GamesRadar and CVG have both posted PS4 reviews of Assassins Creed based on "review events" so I'm guessing it's possible to review next gen without having one of the consoles. Of course that doesn't mean Ed isn't holding out on us :lol:

One review of CoD: Ghosts I saw said they'd reviewed the PS4 version at a review event along with the X1 version, but couldn't say anything about the X1 edition until the embargo was lifted on 12th November. Hopefully that date applies to lots of things X1-related, and we'll see plenty of stuff on the various launch games in a weeks time.
Chameleon1977 46

Postby Timmeh555 » 05 Nov 2013, 16:55

Damn, beaten by foil again :wink:
Timmeh555 43

Postby CunningSmile » 05 Nov 2013, 16:56

Chameleon1977 wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:GamesRadar and CVG have both posted PS4 reviews of Assassins Creed based on "review events" so I'm guessing it's possible to review next gen without having one of the consoles. Of course that doesn't mean Ed isn't holding out on us :lol:

One review of CoD: Ghosts I saw said they'd reviewed the PS4 version at a review event along with the X1 version, but couldn't say anything about the X1 edition until the embargo was lifted on 12th November. Hopefully that date applies to lots of things X1-related, and we'll see plenty of stuff on the various launch games in a weeks time.

Fingers crossed. I seriously doubt any embargo by MS will last if the PS4 reviews start trickling out as it will just look like they have something to hide.
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Twilight Error » 05 Nov 2013, 17:16

CunningSmile wrote:Fingers crossed. I seriously doubt any embargo by MS will last if the PS4 reviews start trickling out as it will just look like they have something to hide.

Well, rumor has it that the XB1 version will be called Call of Duty: Sticks, and will feature crudely-drawn players, hand-crafted by Mrs. Butterworth's Junior School class, designed by lead artist Timmy Butterworth (no relation). And instead of Riley the Spec-Ops dog, we'll have Bugsy the Spec-Ops gerbil, who will run around and distract enemy players by eating a carrot in a really cute way. Also, any player eliminated in Search and Destroy will have sit out the game until their parents pick them up.

Otherwise, there's not much difference.
Twilight Error 39

Postby Neil H » 05 Nov 2013, 18:21

I don't wanna be part of the whole comparison war, but to be fair, the PS4 footage i've seen doesn't look much better - i'd chalk this one up to IW playing it safe with a cross-gen title and not being familiar with the tech, rather than the limitations of xbox one hardware
Whatever doesn't kill me........had better start running
Neil H 22

Postby Maximus T » 05 Nov 2013, 19:54

I don't understand what resolution my laptop runs in which means if I try to watch a video about something in a certain resolution, that will probably be affected by my laptop's resolution, maybe? So I might not even know what the hell I will ever be looking at. :shock:
#browns
Maximus T 62

Postby msbhvn » 05 Nov 2013, 19:58

Maximus T wrote:I don't understand what resolution my laptop runs in which means if I try to watch a video about something in a certain resolution, that will probably be affected by my laptop's resolution, maybe? So I might not even know what the hell I will ever be looking at. :shock:

Assuming you're running Windows 7:

Open Start menu > type "screen" > click "Adjust Screen resolution"
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Maximus T » 05 Nov 2013, 19:59

msbhvn wrote:
Maximus T wrote:I don't understand what resolution my laptop runs in which means if I try to watch a video about something in a certain resolution, that will probably be affected by my laptop's resolution, maybe? So I might not even know what the hell I will ever be looking at. :shock:

Assuming you're running Windows 7:

Open Start menu > type "screen" > click "Adjust Screen resolution"

Ah, thanks. :D
#browns
Maximus T 62

Next