to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

"We have graphics envy" about Forza and Ryse, quips Dead Ris

Your comments on our articles.

But we just want to "be the best-looking Dead Rising game we can"

Dead Rising 3 became notorious last night after it was revealed that - shock - Capcom Vancouver's latest is one of those dreadful, dreadful 720p resolution Xbox One games, the kind absolutely nobody can bear looking at without first scooping their own eyes out with bits of shattered Kinect sensor.... read more

"We have graphics envy" about Forza and Ryse, quips Dead Ris

Postby lazercut123 » 07 Nov 2013, 17:09

What, no 1080p?!? Curse you Capcom, my dreams of making 1mm mice will never come to fruition now :roll: !!

War does not determine who is right, only who is left.
lazercut123 56

Re: "We have graphics envy" about Forza and Ryse, quips Dead

Postby OXM ETboy » 07 Nov 2013, 17:11

Somebody needs to invent a new "real next gen" resolution so we can get all angry about that instead. PC Master Race, I invoke thee!
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby FishyGinger » 07 Nov 2013, 17:17

Ahem, as a pc god (I played on the pc last night, thems my credentials) the answer is 12. 12 whole pixels, who's the master now, huh.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 68

Postby SilentDark » 07 Nov 2013, 17:18

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 63

Postby Skipstream » 07 Nov 2013, 17:20

We have graphics envy!" he began, when I broached the comparison. "We go home and cry ourselves to sleep that we don't have rendering as pretty as Ryse and Forza.

That was funny. Whoever said sarcasm is the worse form of humour is a million times wrong.

Assuming he was being sarcastic! If not, he is sad.

Anyway - just about to pre-order this as it looks so good but now it's not 1080p I think I'm going cancel my XO pre-order and kill my first born as a sacrifice to Sony ;-)

Really don't care - just looking at the first 25 mins of it sold it to me. The only issue I have now is I was also thinking about getting Ryse but the whole combat thing on both looks a tad repetitive so probably best only getting one of these types of games?

OXM? Played both? Mechanics different enough for day one? My alternate to Ryse would be BF4 I think for launch day.
Skipstream 50

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Nov 2013, 17:28

Skipstream wrote:
We have graphics envy!" he began, when I broached the comparison. "We go home and cry ourselves to sleep that we don't have rendering as pretty as Ryse and Forza.

That was funny. Whoever said sarcasm is the worse form of humour is a million times wrong.

Assuming he was being sarcastic! If not, he is sad.

Anyway - just about to pre-order this as it looks so good but now it's not 1080p I think I'm going cancel my XO pre-order and kill my first born as a sacrifice to Sony ;-)

Really don't care - just looking at the first 25 mins of it sold it to me. The only issue I have now is I was also thinking about getting Ryse but the whole combat thing on both looks a tad repetitive so probably best only getting one of these types of games?

OXM? Played both? Mechanics different enough for day one? My alternate to Ryse would be BF4 I think for launch day.

Through the wonders of day one down load you could try the Ryse demo and DL it if you decide its good enough and you need an extra game and can't wait.
Why all the fuss about Dragon Age? Gears of War had a gay character years ago and no one complained...wait, you mean Marcus was straight :shock:
CunningSmile 71
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 07 Nov 2013, 17:32

Ryse and DR3 seem pretty distinct, Skipstream - open world DIY action game versus linear melee brawler. I think Ryse will be a guilty pleasure, myself, exceptional visuals and animations aside. It's basically a mash 'em up with some swish counter and execution mechanics. Good, clean fun.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Daniel2 » 07 Nov 2013, 18:08

Ive gone for both, how can you pass up ryse, i expect once you get good at ryse its combat will be rewarding like combos in streetfighter. Glad dr3 has a darker tone to it i dont care for the wacky stuff, it can be played either way which is cool, get me walking dead fix!
Daniel2 24

Postby something fishy » 07 Nov 2013, 18:31

OXM ETboy wrote:Somebody needs to invent a new "real next gen" resolution so we can get all angry about that instead. PC Master Race, I invoke thee!

okey dokey.

not 4K?

piece of crap. next gen consoles? last bloody century more like.

something like that ok for ya gov?
something fishy 32

Postby OXM ETboy » 07 Nov 2013, 18:35

Make that 4K47 and you've got yourself a deal. And a new kind of assault rifle.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Plamsa wing » 07 Nov 2013, 18:39

OXM ETboy wrote:Make that 4K47 and you've got yourself a deal. And a new kind of assault rifle.

Well at least it'll make for a quick resolution, if anything goes wrong.
The bitterns are doing it for me.
Plamsa wing 56

Postby dreamville » 07 Nov 2013, 19:01

Skipstream wrote:

This...too funny. Anyway aren't all games the same really just different ways and different reasons to run around and kill people. Isn't Ryse just Battlefield in Rome, with swords for guns and javelins for grenades, and detachable limbs. That being said Ryse is a day one for me
dreamville 30

Postby OXM ETboy » 07 Nov 2013, 19:02

Plamsa wing wrote:
OXM ETboy wrote:Make that 4K47 and you've got yourself a deal. And a new kind of assault rifle.

Well at least it'll make for a quick resolution, if anything goes wrong.

I see what you did thar, etc.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby something fishy » 07 Nov 2013, 19:16

deal!!

I'm in such a rage over the lack of 4k that I've cancelled and then pre-ordered so I could cancel again.

I'm joining the angry net legions who've now cancelled 58 times this year.
something fishy 32

Postby delpoi » 07 Nov 2013, 19:19

I think when you look at the difference between this and deadrising 2 its miles ahead graphics wise all they have done is the best thing to do and concentrate on "gameplay" at the end of the day it all boils down to "Will i want to keep playing the game?" you can have the best looking game ever but if the gameplay isn't upto scratch then its useless simples :mrgreen:
delpoi 40

Next