to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Mass Effect 4 in-game image teased, Bioware Montreal tweets

Your comments on our articles.

"The next chapter of Mass Effect is upon us"

As part of their annual N7 day celebrations yesterday, a string of Bioware Montreal employees released a series of interlinking tweets thanking fans for their support, while sneaking in a first look a the next addition to the sci-fi franchise, Mass Effect 4.... read more

Mass Effect 4 in-game image teased, Bioware Montreal tweets

Postby Oxo971 » 08 Nov 2013, 12:50

i loved the mass effect games, felt that the ending of 2 and 3 let them down, but overall they were fantastic (hence the uproar from the let down)
i would personally like to see that somehow the reapers were defeated without shepard activating the super weapon, with the popular fan theory that shepard was killed/indoctrinated at the point when your hit by the lazer on your suicide charge. as for me the merge ending ruins any future games, and destroy/control seem the only possibility for a sequel, yet that would have to create canon and would be a hit to everyone's experience from me1-3, as there had been no canon up to that point (i think) with all your choices that are saved and rolled over from game to game

saying that.. what do i know :D i'll leave it to the experts (like i have any choice :wink: ) and hope for a game as good as the ones that came before, hopefully with a story as good as me1
Oxo971 23

Re: Mass Effect 4 in-game image teased, Bioware Montreal twe

Postby SilentDark » 08 Nov 2013, 13:07

Well that is the problem when continuing a franchise from a game with multiple possible endings, someone needs to pick a sequence of events and declare it canon, fighting games tend to do this anyway. I think hey need to pick a situation that is smaller in scale. RPGs always seem to be about world ending situations. Bringing out an RPG that is small in scale might be a refreshing change of pace.
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Postby mackered » 08 Nov 2013, 14:39

I love mass effect. One more than the others. I don't really care what they come up with as I will probably buy it LOL but would prefer a storyline that gets closer to the original. I honestly agonised over the in game choices.
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50

Postby Decent_Jam » 08 Nov 2013, 18:37

Only the other week I was saying they should come out with some teaser info on this and lo and behold here it is.

I suspect we'll hear more once Dragon Age is out of the way.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Postby fracturedrich » 08 Nov 2013, 18:38

Becoming a specter in the first one truly blew me away,the others were good but not as good.
fracturedrich 46

Postby Maximus T » 08 Nov 2013, 18:45

My favorite Mass Effect game was Mass Effect 2.
This was due to a few reasons, firstly the large squad, which introduced lots of very likable characters, such as Thane and Mordin.
Secondly, I liked the story as well, and the choices that you had to make in order to get as many of your team through as possible.
Thirdly, the completely revamped controls, made the gameplay exciting and fun- I don't think I could have lasted ME1's combat for another two games.
#browns
Maximus T 62

Postby lazercut123 » 08 Nov 2013, 19:08

Mass Effect 4

I too like to live dangerously.
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Postby Funkcase » 09 Nov 2013, 01:56

I seriously can't wait for this! Mass Effect being my favourite franchise in the games industry.
Funkcase 26