to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

First wave of Xbox One apps unveiled - 4oD, Xbox Music, LOVE

Your comments on our articles.

Plus Xbox Fitness, Xbox Video, IE, Skype, SkyDrive and Upload

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, and one man's charming array of connected multimedia features is another man's heinous hijacking of system resources that might be used to run videogames. Scroll down, if you can bear it, for the first list of confirmed third-party Xbox One apps, all due in the UK between 22nd November and spring 2014... read more

First wave of Xbox One apps unveiled - 4oD, Xbox Music, LOVE

Postby s17pur » 08 Nov 2013, 13:37

No Sky Go/Player is a big disappointment, as is the lack of BBC iPlayer. Was hoping they'd offset my disappointment at not being able to 'snap' TV because I have built in freeview (and the Sky box is in a separate room).
s17pur 19

Re: First wave of Xbox One apps unveiled - 4oD, Xbox Music,

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Nov 2013, 13:52

Am I the only one who's starting to get interested in Xbox Fitness? Just read an article on GameRadar in which the guy said he'd spent most of the recent showcases ignoring the CoD and BF stands (they are just showing the same stuff as always) but instead running around all the fitness booths because those were the ones showcasing the imaginative and creative uses of Kinect.

Add in the fact I need to lose a bit of weight and hate the gym and I may well be using it come launch.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Grummy » 08 Nov 2013, 14:07

CunningSmile wrote:Am I the only one who's starting to get interested in Xbox Fitness? Just read an article on GameRadar in which the guy said he'd spent most of the recent showcases ignoring the CoD and BF stands (they are just showing the same stuff as always) but instead running around all the fitness booths because those were the ones showcasing the imaginative and creative uses of Kinect.

Add in the fact I need to lose a bit of weight and hate the gym and I may well be using it come launch.

I'll certainly use it. I love the gym for the free weights as I don't have space for them and a bench and squat rack etc at home, but I loathe cardio, so a chance to do some in the privacy of my own home is appealing. I did use one of the fitness 'games' that was released for this gen kinect and it was pretty good, so this will be interesting.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby Mantequ1lla » 08 Nov 2013, 14:24

Grummy wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:Am I the only one who's starting to get interested in Xbox Fitness? Just read an article on GameRadar in which the guy said he'd spent most of the recent showcases ignoring the CoD and BF stands (they are just showing the same stuff as always) but instead running around all the fitness booths because those were the ones showcasing the imaginative and creative uses of Kinect.

I'll certainly use it. I love the gym for the free weights as I don't have space for them and a bench and squat rack etc at home, but I loathe cardio, so a chance to do some in the privacy of my own home is appealing. I did use one of the fitness 'games' that was released for this gen kinect and it was pretty good, so this will be interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPyjvfLZdF8

It looks brilliant
Mantequ1lla 47

Postby s17pur » 08 Nov 2013, 14:25

Grummy wrote:

I'm pretty much the same. It won't replace the gym for me, although it'd be cool if some workouts did include weights, but the cardio stuff might just replace boring running/cycling in the gym.
s17pur 19

Postby mackered » 08 Nov 2013, 14:34

My wife and I will definitely use a fitness program. We both have compromised health and while a gym would be a questionable benefit for either of us, anything that makes us do more at home would be welcome.
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50

Postby delpoi » 08 Nov 2013, 14:45

Am with you on this am eating sensibly and lost some weight, but doing cardio is something that will help I will definitely be using this; just a 10 minute session each day would do it looks really interesting and they put challenges in there to which is good motivation :mrgreen:
delpoi 38

Postby Lazarus22nd » 08 Nov 2013, 15:02

s17pur wrote:No Sky Go/Player is a big disappointment, as is the lack of BBC iPlayer. Was hoping they'd offset my disappointment at not being able to 'snap' TV because I have built in freeview (and the Sky box is in a separate room).

NOW TV is Sky.
Lazarus22nd 51

Postby Chameleon1977 » 08 Nov 2013, 15:58

Mantequ1lla wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPyjvfLZdF8

It looks brilliant

Hadn't seen that one before - looks impressive. Will probably use it at least once, before deciding it's too much like hard work.
But it's the thought that counts, right?
Chameleon1977 47

Postby yunoyuluvit » 08 Nov 2013, 16:05

Lazarus22nd wrote:
s17pur wrote:No Sky Go/Player is a big disappointment, as is the lack of BBC iPlayer. Was hoping they'd offset my disappointment at not being able to 'snap' TV because I have built in freeview (and the Sky box is in a separate room).

NOW TV is Sky.

Not exactly. Sky Go enables Sky subscribers to watch programmes on other devices at no additional charge. Now TV is a pay-as-you-go service for non-subscribers

I wonder if ITV will ever bother to launch it's player on the One? Not that I ever watch any of it, but it would be nice to have the set, just in case there was something.
yunoyuluvit 38

Postby Grummy » 08 Nov 2013, 16:18

CunningSmile wrote:Add in the fact I need to lose a bit of weight and hate the gym and I may well be using it come launch.

Considering that, plus all the martial arts training your missus puts you through, I have now been able to put together this composite image of you.

One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Nov 2013, 16:25

Dude please, I said I need to lose a bit of weight, that guy is so big he has his own moon (not anymore obviously, he's been dead twenty years and is probably now built like a super model but you get my point)
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Daniel2 » 08 Nov 2013, 16:29

No mate definitely not! me and my bros just did insanity at the end of the summer and completed it, its an excellent workout now with all this kinect functionality it will be even better, we were looking to start p90x after crimbo, now we will do it on xbox one. It will record your stats and set challenges etc, should be great fun cant wait!
By the way if you are short on xb1 buddies come launch my tag is dan1210
Daniel2 24

Postby Lazarus22nd » 08 Nov 2013, 16:30

yunoyuluvit wrote:
Lazarus22nd wrote:NOW TV is Sky.

Not exactly. Sky Go enables Sky subscribers to watch programmes on other devices at no additional charge. Now TV is a pay-as-you-go service for non-subscribers

I wonder if ITV will ever bother to launch it's player on the One? Not that I ever watch any of it, but it would be nice to have the set, just in case there was something.

Ugh and the prices on it are painful, £9.99 for a day of sport. :/

Might be able to do ITV and iPlayer on browser.
Lazarus22nd 51

Postby Daniel2 » 08 Nov 2013, 16:35

can i just say, i used to go gym quite regularly, then i did insanity 60 day programme with my bros, I was actually stronger after insanity than i was doing just weights. Insanity has made me stronger throughout my whole body, i walk taller and generally feel stronger everywhere, trust me this workout does what it says on the tin...its a revelation!
Daniel2 24

Next