to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Fable Legends - Lionhead ventures into uncharted territory o

Your comments on our articles.

Four friends - and one enemy - explore Albion's history

Think of four of your closest, dearest friends. Don't you just hate them? Wouldn't it be great if you could scupper their plans and stand in their way next time they, you know, went off on a rollicking adventure without you? That's basically the point of Fable Legends, the newest and most online-focused entry in Lionhead's action-RPG series to date.... read more

Fable Legends - Lionhead ventures into uncharted territory o

Postby Abe hikura » 09 Nov 2013, 11:10

i think a lot of gamer's don't like this because they see it as THIS or Fable 4, where as i suspect this is just to tide us over till they make 4
Abe hikura 46

Re: Fable Legends - Lionhead ventures into uncharted territo

Postby GHOSTY05 » 09 Nov 2013, 11:18

Not sure about this at all.

I wanted Fable 4 not some half arsed attempt at an Online RPG.

I may give it a go and see what the fuss is about, who knows i could be wrong!
GHOSTY05 39

Postby ChaoticP » 09 Nov 2013, 11:23

My only problem with games like this is who the heck I'm going to play it with, I hope there's a matchmaking feature.
ChaoticP 47

Postby OXM ETboy » 09 Nov 2013, 11:28

There's a Lionhead job listing somewhere that makes mention of an "unannounced project" besides Legends and Anniversary - just thought you should know.

I'm quite pumped for this, myself. I like the sound of exploring a primordial Albion. My one concern is that there won't be a satisfying story, because it'll be all bitty MMO-style quests.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Grummy » 09 Nov 2013, 11:46

OXM ETboy wrote:There's a Lionhead job listing somewhere that makes mention of an "unannounced project" besides Legends and Anniversary - just thought you should know.

I'm quite pumped for this, myself. I like the sound of exploring a primordial Albion. My one concern is that there won't be a satisfying story, because it'll be all bitty MMO-style quests.

Y'know what this sounds like to me, a proper attempt at taking classic table top pen and paper RPGs to games console, complete with dungeon master. Back in the day, it was the DMs job to make the stories and quests interesting. If the DM has that much control here too, then this could be amazing.

Y'know what else, like classic PnP DnD, it's a game where you could just arrange a weekly session with some friends and you wouldn't need to play it any other time.

I think this has some amazing potential and if done right, could be a blinder.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 09 Nov 2013, 11:49

Y'know what this sounds like to me, a proper attempt at taking classic table top pen and paper RPGs to games console, complete with dungeon master. Back in the day, it was the DMs job to make the stories and quests interesting. If the DM has that much control here too, then this could be amazing.

That's the hope, yeah. I plan to pick their brains about D&D next time we get an interview.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Grummy » 09 Nov 2013, 11:59

OXM ETboy wrote:

That's the hope, yeah. I plan to pick their brains about D&D next time we get an interview.

If/when you get that chance could you please try and get them to expand on what the DM can do? In my mind I see this as needing a function where the game has hundreds of potential NPCs and thousands of lines of dialogue that can be pieced together to create stories then the DM can create entire quest lines in advance for friends to play.

Man, the more I think about this, the more excited I get.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 09 Nov 2013, 12:03

I fear it may not be that sophisticated, at least at launch - they've only made mention of placing enemies and traps - but I'd be very, very surprised if they hadn't thought about that kind of thing. This is the studio that gave us Black & White.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby fracturedrich » 09 Nov 2013, 19:07

I wish that there was a good rpg game at launch,this or fallout 4,rpg has become my favorite genre this gen and i think will lead the charge on next as well.Can i ask will there be chickens?
fracturedrich 45

Postby battfink83 » 10 Nov 2013, 21:58

as a huge fable fan im trying to get around to the idea of this, but i just cant. fable has always been about losing myself in a fantastic fantasy, ALONE, this questing co op type approach doesnt sit well with me. might miss it altogether, ill get my fable fix from the remake for many years to come i suppose
battfink83 47

Postby Seridon » 11 Nov 2013, 10:23

"we've never played anything quite like it"
Never heard of Dungeons & Dragons, I take it.
Seridon 26

Postby K_Alex1 » 13 Nov 2013, 04:09

Well at least I can still play single player!

Hopefully this is still enjoyable for those of us that still prefer single player RPGs. I'll try it out. Still looking forward to a traditional Fable 4 eventually though.
K_Alex1 2