to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Ubisoft unveils roster of combatants in Fighter Within

Your comments on our articles.

See the fighters within Fighter Within

Ubisoft is gearing up to have us kicking and punching our way around the living room in the Kinect-centric Fighter Within -a brawler for Xbox One that seems to have gone somewhat low-key compared to the other heavy hitters (pun not intended) of the launch line-up.... read more

Postby ChaoticP » 09 Nov 2013, 13:31

As much as I don't want this game to suck I'm incredibly certain it will.
ChaoticP 47

Postby Maximus T » 09 Nov 2013, 13:42

I would still like a proper video demonstration, as I do not have the physique to do triple back-flip kicks.
#browns
Maximus T 63

Re: Ubisoft unveils roster of combatants in Fighter Within

Postby Skipstream » 09 Nov 2013, 14:25

Firstly on a serious note - I want it to be good but if they haven't fixed the lag I saw at the demo in Germany it's going to be a bit pants - which is a real shame :-(

On a lighter note - how wrong is it to be attracted to animated characters? Sabina/Mia tag team here I come ;-)
Skipstream 47

Postby CunningSmile » 09 Nov 2013, 14:42

Was I the only one frustrated by the sheer amount of spelling mistakes and grammar errors in those profiles? I particularly liked "...when the earthquake stroke Haiti..." and the shifting past and present tenses in the female karate characters profile. Really doesn't bode well for the professionalism of this game if they can't even hire a proof reader
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby something fishy » 09 Nov 2013, 15:52

shame if it is laggy, the best Kinect 2 stuff seems to have addressed that unlike the original Kinect.
something fishy 31

Postby PCG The_B » 09 Nov 2013, 16:25

CunningSmile wrote:Was I the only one frustrated by the sheer amount of spelling mistakes and grammar errors in those profiles? I particularly liked "...when the earthquake stroke Haiti..." and the shifting past and present tenses in the female karate characters profile. Really doesn't bode well for the professionalism of this game if they can't even hire a proof reader

In their defence, I think the developers are Belgian and not native English speakers. Still, I agree getting a stroke from an earthquake sounds probably more pleasant than they were intending. :P
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 65

Postby Skipstream » 09 Nov 2013, 23:07

something fishy wrote:shame if it is laggy, the best Kinect 2 stuff seems to have addressed that unlike the original Kinect.

That's what I thought and D4 doesn't have lag from what I've seen

However, this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbKS2E0hRok

Skip to 3:40 onwards to see them actually play the game - all before is fluff. Looks good but there is definite lag - enough to make it unplayable for me personally.

As for Kinect - Xbox Fitness and D4 for me - really looking forward to both of those and the Fitness one has impressed the Mrs on utube too.
Skipstream 47