to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 developer diary on Gabriel Be

Your comments on our articles.

"We wanted to build a real character with emotions and contradictions"

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 might still be lurking a little further into the darkness than most fans would like, but Konami is attempting to quench our bloodlust by releasing the first of what will be several developer diaries from the team at Mercurysteam on creating the game.... read more

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 developer diary on Gabriel Be

Postby WillB94 » 09 Nov 2013, 19:23

Really excited for this game. Also, hate to do this but you wrote "Komani" instead of Konami in the first paragraph.
WillB94 37

Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 developer diary on Gabrie

Postby PCG The_B » 09 Nov 2013, 20:02

WillB94 wrote:Really excited for this game. Also, hate to do this but you wrote "Komani" instead of Konami in the first paragraph.

Vampires bit my fingers :(

(Will fix, cheers!)
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 65

Postby msbhvn » 10 Nov 2013, 21:09

Just played the LoS2 demo and it's looking pretty cool. It's just a pity that they didn't let you finish the boss battle. The nod to Symphony of the Night's cringe-worthy opening dialogue was fun, too.

I'm replaying LoS at the moment, and then I'll go on to Mirror of Fate HD. Shows there's still life in this generation yet.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 10 Nov 2013, 22:05

msbhvn wrote:Just played the LoS2 demo and it's looking pretty cool. It's just a pity that they didn't let you finish the boss battle. The nod to Symphony of the Night's cringe-worthy opening dialogue was fun, too.

I'm replaying LoS at the moment, and then I'll go on to Mirror of Fate HD. Shows there's still life in this generation yet.

Waiting for the LOS Collection to come down in price a bit. Dying to replay it
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby msbhvn » 10 Nov 2013, 22:37

Johnbhoy69 wrote:Waiting for the LOS Collection to come down in price a bit. Dying to replay it

I'm a bit annoyed with the Collection. It's just a reprint of the original LoS game with download codes for everything else. That's all well and good, but they then released Mirror of Fate HD over a week beforehand, which includes the so-called exclusive LoS2 demo!

Even at the £21.75 I paid for it, it wasn't exactly a bargain for a three year old game, rushed and disappointing DLC and a £10 XBLA game. If the LoS2 demo had been exclusive to the Collection, then it might have been worth it.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby DRbowlarks » 11 Nov 2013, 16:30

I played the demo.
20 seconds after it referred to a character called Trevor I switched it off.
Words fail me.
DRbowlarks 8

Postby msbhvn » 11 Nov 2013, 16:34

DRbowlarks wrote:I played the demo.
Words fail me.

I've got some bad news about Mirror of Fate HD...
msbhvn 66

Postby CunningSmile » 11 Nov 2013, 16:36

DRbowlarks wrote:I played the demo.
Words fail me.

What do you have against the name Trevor? Means "Wise" in old English, or "Small Town" in Welsh. Besides which Castlevania has a long history of characters with fairly every day sounding names, after all the first instalmant featured Simon in the lead role.
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 11 Nov 2013, 23:26

Anyone actually have any idea when this is coming out? My Amazon preorder has been moved to March now, it was February.
Johnbhoy69 51