to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

All Xbox One's launch game download file sizes in one place

Your comments on our articles.

NBA 2K14 is the biggest launch game

Here's another heads-up from Moonlightswami, the jammy devil who took possession of an actual, physically manifest Xbox One last Friday - a list of file sizes for almost the entire Xbox One launch game line-up, collated by NeoGAF. The largest? NBA 2K14, a game stuffed with high resolution basketball players. The smallest, not including Xbox Fitness? Frontier's Zoo Tycoon, a delightfully furry management sim. The sum of all files? 341GB.... read more

All Xbox One's launch game download file sizes in one place

Postby lgladdy » 11 Nov 2013, 18:04

Do we know what size Need for Speed: Rivals is?
lgladdy 1

Re: All Xbox One's launch game download file sizes in one pl

Postby OXM ETboy » 11 Nov 2013, 18:11

Apologies, seems I've missed a few. I'll let you know as and when.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby masonsmith123 » 11 Nov 2013, 18:15

bloody hell! so I'll be using up nearing 100GB on launch day! I've only used 110GB on my 5yr old xbox 360! I hope official xbox external hard drives aren't at inflated prices, or I hope that we can use any type of external hard drive
masonsmith123 3

Postby PCG The_B » 11 Nov 2013, 18:16

Need for Speed Rivals and Crimson Dragon appear to be the only ones missing from the NeoGAF thread, I don't think they were on the store when MoonlightSwarmi looked or he just didn't post them, though will double check.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 65

Postby GHOSTY05 » 11 Nov 2013, 18:16

83gb on Launch day for me, give or take a few GB.

That leaves me with a healthy 400gb.
GHOSTY05 39

Postby badboy4 » 11 Nov 2013, 18:31

That's why I am not getting Xbox yet because I am not that impressed with the Hard Drive Size ( Look at the size of Install For Games ) 500g Is Small as I originally got the Premium 360 at Launch 20g Then had to get 120g Hard Drive a while later when Arcade and so on we're released... I wanna get a Proper Special Edition One this time When their released hopefully 1TB Hard Drive also this business of Gddr 3 being used for a Console that has to last 5-8. Years where as the Gddr 5 is already approx 2.5 Times Faster..apparently... I am aware of technology in Xbox One .. But it is all about getting Graphics on screen faster..

That is from someone who had Ps1 at launch then got Origional Xbox and finally Xbox 360...

COME ON MICROSOFT Give us what we want and we will pay the money....

Thanks Pete ' ExpendablBadBoy ' Child's... :twisted:

Feel free to post any views I am not easily upset or Intimidated.....
badboy4 9

Postby GHOSTY05 » 11 Nov 2013, 18:45

badboy4 wrote:That's why I am not getting Xbox yet because I am not that impressed with the Hard Drive Size ( Look at the size of Install For Games ) 500g Is Small as I originally got the Premium 360 at Launch 20g Then had to get 120g Hard Drive a while later when Arcade and so on we're released... I wanna get a Proper Special Edition One this time When their released hopefully 1TB Hard Drive also this business of Gddr 3 being used for a Console that has to last 5-8. Years where as the Gddr 5 is already approx 2.5 Times Faster..apparently... I am aware of technology in Xbox One .. But it is all about getting Graphics on screen faster..

That is from someone who had Ps1 at launch then got Origional Xbox and finally Xbox 360...

COME ON MICROSOFT Give us what we want and we will pay the money....

Thanks Pete ' ExpendablBadBoy ' Child's... :twisted:

Feel free to post any views I am not easily upset or Intimidated.....

I agree with you, but that's like saying i am not getting an ipad 5, because the ipad 8 will be out in a few years.

In the meantime your probably going to miss out on so much, there wont be any "special editions" for some time yet, if you want more space you just buy a cheap external hard drive.

You can sit around moaning all day long about what they have and have not done, but its not going to change anything.

If you want to carry on reading about xbox one for the next year and what your missing out on be my guest, but personally im jumping in head first.

Its not every day these consoles are released!
GHOSTY05 39

Postby masseypvfc90 » 11 Nov 2013, 19:07

so I won't be using all my 500gb hardrive I mean I only play cod bf4 and fifa and also now and again rpgs so no need go mad on storage upgrade next year least if its a download and you delete it you can downloaded :D it free
masseypvfc90 4

Postby Bin Boy Billy » 11 Nov 2013, 19:18

45.4 GB at launch (Ryse, Fifa and KI) although I will probably download demos of all the games.
Bin Boy Billy 31

Postby Bezza89 » 11 Nov 2013, 19:23

badboy4 wrote:When their released hopefully 1TB Hard Drive

Pfft 1TB? That would only fit about 20 games, that's nothing. I like to have at least 21 on the go at a time. MS sucks lollipops.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby badboy4 » 11 Nov 2013, 20:00

so what do OXM readers think of the Gddr 3 compared to sony's Gddr5 how much difference is that going to make in say 3 years time when the programmers start getting the best out of the machines... Will it make for better graphics or just the speed they show up on screen...?
badboy4 9

Postby Skipstream » 11 Nov 2013, 20:06

badboy4 wrote:so what do OXM readers think of the Gddr 3 compared to sony's Gddr5 how much difference is that going to make in say 3 years time when the programmers start getting the best out of the machines... Will it make for better graphics or just the speed they show up on screen...?

Not the thread for it mate - been done to death over on the 'resolution gate' threads
Skipstream 47

Postby Skipstream » 11 Nov 2013, 20:12

Well, with some of these titles - if I was going digital it would be launch 'week' as it'd take that long to get a few games downloaded on my 5Mbit/s connection!

As for external storage - my questions won't be answered until support is provided but they are basically:

1) If we install games on external HD will the USB3 stream fast enough to the CPU etc without effecting performance?

2) If not, will there be an easy file management system to allow us to move 'active' games over onto the internal HD from the external HD and vice versa?

3) Will it support any 7200rpm external HD powered by USB or does it have to be powered by mains power?

As for cost - 1TB is £50, 3TB is £80 in the UK on Amazon - not bad really.
Skipstream 47

Postby 2XTREME » 11 Nov 2013, 21:15

Are these sizes just for the digital downloads or do they apply to disc installs as well?
2XTREME 33

Postby Skipstream » 11 Nov 2013, 21:39

2XTREME wrote:Are these sizes just for the digital downloads or do they apply to disc installs as well?

It will be both.
Skipstream 47

Next