to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox Live sale: Devil May Cry 2013, Resident Evil Revelation

Your comments on our articles.

Plus a bunch of DmC DLC and Resident Evil 4 HD

This week's Deal of the Week is Capcom-tastic, though not necessarily fantastic. At the quality end of the scale, you've got Ninja Theory's fabulous DmC: Devil May Cry and assorted DLC packs, time-worn classic Resident Evil 4 HD and decent 3DS hand-me-down Resident Evil: Revelations. At the other end, there's Lost Planet 3. Shudder.... read more

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Nov 2013, 11:31

Really tempted by DmC and Resi Evil for a tenner each. Loved enslaved so the next game by those developers was always on my radar, but after reading the Resi review I'm convinced that might be worth a try too.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby WAZ91 » 12 Nov 2013, 11:34

How long do these deals normally last?

Resi 4 would keep me happy whilst everyone talks of the One's release :(

pay day is only a few days away :o
WAZ91 37

Re: Xbox Live sale: Devil May Cry 2013, Resident Evil Revela

Postby OXM ETboy » 12 Nov 2013, 11:37

WAZ91 wrote:How long do these deals normally last?

They're till 18th November - article updated.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Craphex » 12 Nov 2013, 11:40

Very nice, already got DmC and all the dlc, amazing game!
May have to pick up Lost Planet 3, although low reviews this is a good price. And revelations apparently better than 6 so may pick that up too.
Craphex 11

Postby WAZ91 » 12 Nov 2013, 11:53

OXM ETboy wrote:
WAZ91 wrote:How long do these deals normally last?

They're till 18th November - article updated.

Im hoping that mignight of the 18th! If so then praise be thats the day of the pay! :P
WAZ91 37

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 12 Nov 2013, 11:56

Is it silly to want to buy Resident Evil 4 despite having it on the Gamecube just to get the achievements?

Vergil's Downfall might be worth a look as haven't played DMC in ages.
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Nov 2013, 11:59

Xbox tends to run on Seattle time, so you should have until the early hours of the 19th but it's not always that exact a science. Even if you miss them though this is the third time this year RE4 has been that price, and once they mark something down once it will appear again.

And John, no it's not silly to want to buy RE4 for the achievements as I did exactly that. I did have to play around with the controller settings though as the default GameCube mapped one just felt really odd after years of the 360 'standard' shooter controls. Having triggers but that not being shoot was just weird!
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby eviltb » 12 Nov 2013, 12:14

Hmmm bust through RE4 before next Friday?? That'll make it the 4th platform I've played that on if so XD
"I've got better things to do tonight than die!" - Springer
eviltb 14

Postby ChopperCampbell » 12 Nov 2013, 12:48

Johnbhoy69 wrote:Is it silly to want to buy Resident Evil 4 despite having it on the Gamecube just to get the achievements?

Vergil's Downfall might be worth a look as haven't played DMC in ages.

Resident Evil 4 was well worth the upgrade, achievements or not. I've had it on the Gamecube and Wii, and the 360 version is just as good as either of them, although I do miss the Wii controls.
ChopperCampbell 21

Postby FishyGinger » 12 Nov 2013, 12:59

CunningSmile wrote:And John, no it's not silly to want to buy RE4 for the achievements as I did exactly that. I did have to play around with the controller settings though as the default GameCube mapped one just felt really odd after years of the 360 'standard' shooter controls. Having triggers but that not being shoot was just weird!

Good thing you didn't opt for the ps3 then. What, possibly japanese, nutcases thought it would be a good idea to have the triggers not as the shoot buttons?
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby bamozzy » 12 Nov 2013, 13:31

I am not a big fan of the DMC series - just not really my thing although I must admit I have never actually played them.

Lost Planet 3 could have been a maybe if it was half that price. It looked a bit like Dead Space although not as good by all accounts so I doubt I will risk buying it at that price...

I do like the Resident Evil series and tried a demo of one of the more recent games (I think it was Revelations) and it s4eemed OK - not great but better than the demo of RE6 (which I didn't get after all the reviews/demo etc). I never played Resident Evil 4 so I could be seriously tempted by that.

In truth though I do have a quite a few games that I should play as I have barely looked at them and we also have Iron Brigade coming on the 16th Free.
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 60

Postby MaccaMUFC » 12 Nov 2013, 14:16

When I saw Resident Evil 4 I thought I'd download it again for another play through but to my dismay it tried to charge me even thought I bought it last year :? I deleted it from my hard drive when I completed it but it shouldn't be charging me when I've already bought it, anybody else had this problem before?
MaccaMUFC 21

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Nov 2013, 14:47

MaccaMUFC wrote:When I saw Resident Evil 4 I thought I'd download it again for another play through but to my dismay it tried to charge me even thought I bought it last year :? I deleted it from my hard drive when I completed it but it shouldn't be charging me when I've already bought it, anybody else had this problem before?

Nope, it's a new one on me. Even if I've deleted stuff before normally if I try and redownload it comes up as "Download Again" or words to that effect rather than having a price. Try going into your download history and doing it from there rather than through the dashboard

Might be worth contacting MS about if it keeps up.
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby MaccaMUFC » 12 Nov 2013, 15:16

CunningSmile wrote:Nope, it's a new one on me. Even if I've deleted stuff before normally if I try and redownload it comes up as "Download Again" or words to that effect rather than having a price. Try going into your download history and doing it from there rather than through the dashboard

Might be worth contacting MS about if it keeps up.

Yeah I will try that when I am on it tonight thanks, but if this kind of thing happened on X1 and it tried to charge you £50-£60 for a full digital game you bought before, I'd imagine they'd be uproar :shock:
MaccaMUFC 21

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 12 Nov 2013, 15:47

Opted for Revelations, pretty good so far
Johnbhoy69 51

Next