to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 update out today - nerfs AA missiles,

Your comments on our articles.

Multiplayer will go dark for "2-3 hours", beginning 9am UK time

DICE will release a new multiplayer update for Battlefield 4 on Xbox 360 and The Other One today, during a maintenance period was supposed to begin at 9am UK time this morning (1am PST). If you can't get online with the game right now, this is why. Take a knee.... read more

Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 update out today - nerfs AA missiles,

Postby Darkviral » 13 Nov 2013, 11:28

Game was released too early to beat Ghosts IMO. Or more development time was spent on next gen to the detriment to current gen.

Single player progress resets, online xp being lost and sync issues. Gun sights being blocked out for the first 10 seconds of a match whilst all the textures pop in.

Don't get me started on the actual textures on some of the maps - definite step backwards from previous battlefields.

Some players are having more problems than others - the forums are full of horrors on PC and PS3 too. Seriously, take a look - there are a lot of very disappointed people out there.

Probably best to wait a month or so for the game to be patched to an acceptable level.
Darkviral 1

Re: Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 update out today - nerfs AA missi

Postby Darkviral » 13 Nov 2013, 13:46

The maintenance has just been completed but now the entire EA infrastructure for handling online play and matchmaking has fallen over and you can't log in.

https://help.ea.com/article/online-play ... ly-offline

You couldn't make it up.

Priceless lol.
Darkviral 1

Postby J288gto » 13 Nov 2013, 14:41

Darkviral wrote:Game was released too early to beat Ghosts IMO. Or more development time was spent on next gen to the detriment to current gen.

Single player progress resets, online xp being lost and sync issues. Gun sights being blocked out for the first 10 seconds of a match whilst all the textures pop in.

Don't get me started on the actual textures on some of the maps - definite step backwards from previous battlefields.

Some players are having more problems than others - the forums are full of horrors on PC and PS3 too. Seriously, take a look - there are a lot of very disappointed people out there.

Probably best to wait a month or so for the game to be patched to an acceptable level.

Those ten seconds aren't that important and BF3 had similar issues, guess its do to with the amount of map content being loaded. You can tweak your latency settings in the options menu if your having issues though turning it way down makes the game look bad and fences become invisible! I have had no major issues other than the game freezing roughly once a day.

I was online at 10 this morning so they must have finished their maintenance early before the EA meltdown.
J288gto 26

Postby HNation-2552 » 13 Nov 2013, 14:44

Someone over at EA has pressed a buttion they shouldn't have. D'oh. Sounds like it may be more than 3 hours to wait then...it would be nice if their online service came back working a lot smoother; but I doubt it.
HNation-2552 23

Postby kroser » 14 Nov 2013, 18:35

well that was a useless update if there even was one.....my game continues to crash at least 10 times a day, its unplayable, everytime it does crash it corrupts my save file so even playing campaign is out the question....im ok with bugs but this crashing problem is a joke, the game is now collecting dust because its so infuriating to play a game that crashes every time i play it.....SORT THE DAM GAME OUT its a f**king joke
kroser 2