to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Forza 5's Drivatars have anti-cheating safeguards, make the

Your comments on our articles.

"We've never seen AI do that in a game. Never."

Forza 5's Drivatar AI racers will pick up on pretty much every nuance of your racing style, according to Turn 10 creative director, including such classic human errors as attempting to take a corner side by side with other racers. They won't, however, imitate trolls or copy attempts to "break" the system.... read more

Forza 5's Drivatars have anti-cheating safeguards, make the

Postby b0dd1c3 » 13 Nov 2013, 12:24

Will it drive the wrong way, that's my common mistake
b0dd1c3 38

Re: Forza 5's Drivatars have anti-cheating safeguards, make

Postby stylon » 13 Nov 2013, 13:19

Now I've read about a few examples of what the drivatar system can actually do I'm really excited about racing against it for real. Just hope it doesn't end up making the game too difficult as people (and their drivatars) improve with practice! :shock:
stylon 49

Postby wotsahotspotnot » 13 Nov 2013, 13:25

Really looking forward to seeing what game developers can do with AI in the next few years. AI, I feel, can be the REAL star of the coming generation if not forsaken in favour of graphics, or deemed unneccesary in the face of multiplayer.

I thought AI in games such as FEAR in 06/07 would lead a revolution, but it just didn't come to pass.

I won't keep playing the same enemy-AI-runs-to-cover-wait-3-seconds-for-enemy-to-pop-head-out-fire-at-enemy's-head-rinse-and-repeat for another 8 years, though. I'm gonna need more, ultimately.

I welcome this Drivatar thing as a good statement of intent that I hope other genres look at closely.
Jesus Saves...Before every boss battle.
wotsahotspotnot 31

Postby TronZler » 13 Nov 2013, 13:56

b0dd1c3 wrote:Will it drive the wrong way, that's my common mistake

From what i understand,if you drive that way so will you're drivatar. Which with the new Reputation system on the One may ultimately not be a good idea.
TronZler 23

Postby Confused Johnny » 13 Nov 2013, 14:30

Never really been much of a race fan, except for F1, but this is the free game with my pre order so i been following it a bit lately, and im getting pretty excited tbh.
Confused Johnny 18

Postby CunningSmile » 13 Nov 2013, 14:32

Confused Johnny wrote:Never really been much of a race fan, except for F1, but this is the free game with my pre order so i been following it a bit lately, and im getting pretty excited tbh.

Funny but I feel the same. Never been a racing fan but started reading the articles as it's my freebie too and I've got to say I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing how it plays, experiencing the drivatar system, and marvelling at the cars.
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Confused Johnny » 13 Nov 2013, 15:37

CunningSmile wrote:
Confused Johnny wrote:Never really been much of a race fan, except for F1, but this is the free game with my pre order so i been following it a bit lately, and im getting pretty excited tbh.

Funny but I feel the same. Never been a racing fan but started reading the articles as it's my freebie too and I've got to say I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing how it plays, experiencing the drivatar system, and marvelling at the cars.

I searched high and low, tried swapping with friends, everything i could think of to get the Fifa 14 freebie and had no luck, having not played a Forza since number 2 i grudgingly accepted i was stuck with it, and now im excited, as you say the drivatar system sounds intriguing, to say the least
Confused Johnny 18

Postby TronZler » 13 Nov 2013, 16:08

Confused Johnny wrote:Funny but I feel the same. Never been a racing fan but started reading the articles as it's my freebie too and I've got to say I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing how it plays, experiencing the drivatar system, and marvelling at the cars.

Hey Johnny,i have Fifa free but i want that as its always a yearly purchase for me but,theres always the chance someone here might want to swap with you if they havn't already? I've certainly seen a few people do that on this site,so no harm in asking mate? That is if you really want Fifa?

EDIT: Wow that backfired on me trying to delete from the comments an trying to just leave yours where you said you'd rather have Fifa,an for some reason i put Cunnings reply as yours lol Sorry about that,hope my reply makes a bit more sense now? :oops:
TronZler 23

Postby Confused Johnny » 13 Nov 2013, 18:47

Yeah, id thought about seeking someone to swap with outside of my circle of friends, but im a bit of a technophobe and my main concern is entering the download code i get off someone and it saying "This item has already been redeemed" or something similar, leaving me with no fifa or no forza.
Confused Johnny 18

Postby Metalrodent » 13 Nov 2013, 18:48

I do hope the ai now crash more (as most racing games have perfect ai) and that their damage model is fair - the past games they've had a noticibly different model to player cars, meaning you always came out worse in crashes
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67