to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox One allows us to "turn everything up and up and up", sa

Your comments on our articles.

Senior producer discusses frame rate, resolution and "evocative" sunrises

Need for Speed: Rivals developer Ghost Games hasn't struggled to get any particular tricks of technology working on next generation consoles, according to senior producer Jamie Keen - thanks to both the bump in hardware horsepower and the user-friendliness of DICE's all-purpose Frostbite 3 engine, the studio feels it has put together an "unrivalled game experience". Did you see what they did there, and so forth.... read more

Xbox One allows us to "turn everything up and up and up", sa

Postby stylon » 13 Nov 2013, 13:23

Looking forward to a review of this (and all the other X1 games now the embargo has ended).

I'm both delighted and relieved that both systems are running it at 1080p/30 too :)
stylon 48

Re: Xbox One allows us to "turn everything up and up and up"

Postby Daniel2 » 13 Nov 2013, 13:35

lets hope the trend continues...
Daniel2 24

Postby TronZler » 13 Nov 2013, 13:47

Yeah looking forward to the review too,i know Forza is the spectacle racing game for launch but i'm just not that much of a car enthusiast,my first car was a Renault Cleo lol
Watched a comparison video of the two console versions yesterday an apart from the silly colour they chose for the Ps4 version i saw no difference at all.
I do want to try Forza at somepoint,especially to check out the Drivatar system but i think i'd rather have this as my launch day racing game,i know i'd play it more anyway. Lets see what the review says :arrow:
TronZler 23

Postby happpydays » 13 Nov 2013, 14:33

1080p and apparently the box cant do it unbelievabe this game looks rater sweat .i got a question if they run the game at 60 fps would that actually slow your sense of speed down while your playing .it just popped intoo my mind im pretty sure it would but then im not a tech wizard im just a lazy arsed gamer lol
happpydays 32

Postby CunningSmile » 13 Nov 2013, 14:39

happpydays wrote:1080p and apparently the box cant do it unbelievabe this game looks rater sweat .i got a question if they run the game at 60 fps would that actually slow your sense of speed down while your playing .it just popped intoo my mind im pretty sure it would but then im not a tech wizard im just a lazy arsed gamer lol

Not sure, but a developer on one of the fighting games (can't remember which though, sorry) did say that in the testing stage the focus groups preferred seeing the characters moving at 30fps with motion blur added than moving crisply at 60fps. Possibly when we are all playing Forza at 1080p/60fps we'll all be complaining it looks slower than Rivals.
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby happpydays » 13 Nov 2013, 17:10

CunningSmile wrote:
happpydays wrote:1080p and apparently the box cant do it unbelievabe this game looks rater sweat .i got a question if they run the game at 60 fps would that actually slow your sense of speed down while your playing .it just popped intoo my mind im pretty sure it would but then im not a tech wizard im just a lazy arsed gamer lol

Not sure, but a developer on one of the fighting games (can't remember which though, sorry) did say that in the testing stage the focus groups preferred seeing the characters moving at 30fps with motion blur added than moving crisply at 60fps. Possibly when we are all playing Forza at 1080p/60fps we'll all be complaining it looks slower than Rivals.

yeah i know which fighting you meen i cant remember the name niether it was on here the other day . and yeah it wont surprise me if people dont start moaning about that people just seem too want too shoot everything down even if its unjust
happpydays 32

Postby Twilight Error » 13 Nov 2013, 17:36

CunningSmile wrote:Possibly when we are all playing Forza at 1080p/60fps we'll all be complaining it looks slower than Rivals.

Now that you mention it, one of the only complaints I've read about Forza 5 from someone who commented that it just didn't feel like the cars are moving very fast. Having seen footage of Kimi's Lotus F1 in a recent clip, it certainly looked like he was hitting top speeds, but we'll see what happens when the game is released. Your statement may be very prophetic.
Last edited by Twilight Error on 14 Nov 2013, 02:55, edited 1 time in total.
Twilight Error 39

Postby fracturedrich » 13 Nov 2013, 18:11

Forza has always been slower than need for speed,but forza is harder to play and a damn sight better.
fracturedrich 46

Postby battfink83 » 13 Nov 2013, 23:23

fracturedrich wrote:Forza has always been slower than need for speed,but forza is harder to play and a damn sight better.

I wouldn't say the 1080p side of iit would make any difference, just the fps, and.forza has always been 60fps.

I dunno mind, doing 250 down the old mulsanne certainly feels very fast!! ;)
battfink83 47