to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Titanfall on Xbox One: five things I want Respawn to add

Your comments on our articles.

Ed sizes up current intel and looks to the future

Like a Pilot heading to high ground, Titanfall has pulled back from the fight as Xbox One approaches launch, making space for launch titles like Forza Motorsport 5 and Ryse: Son of Rome. There's a brief window of radio silence, then, in which to mull over what we know and what could be still to come before the game's March 2014 release.... read more

Titanfall on Xbox One: five things I want Respawn to add

Postby fracturedrich » 14 Nov 2013, 20:03

A map called fracture will do for me,i look forward to new i.p. for me nothing compares to learning a new game, as long as that game is good mind.
fracturedrich 47

Re: Titanfall on Xbox One: five things I want Respawn to add

Postby Daniel2 » 14 Nov 2013, 20:50

Go to be 1080p for me, ms know we need this.
Daniel2 24

Postby Decent_Jam » 14 Nov 2013, 20:52

I long for more inspired multiplayer modes. Whenever this subject crosses my mind I think of the wealth of options available in Time splitters 2. Admittedly variations on a theme for the most part but undeniably extensive, and generally very good fun.

The asymmetrical nature of the game is a strength and I think there is a wealth of opportunity to be built on there.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : Destiny, TF, Forza 5, KI - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 62

Postby Metalrodent » 14 Nov 2013, 21:13

Decent_Jam wrote:I long for more inspired multiplayer modes. Whenever this subject crosses my mind I think of the wealth of options available in Time splitters 2.

RIP Time Splitters, few games managed multiplayer better

What I would give for a new one, or even a HD re-release of 2 and 3
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Decent_Jam » 14 Nov 2013, 22:06

Metalrodent wrote:
Decent_Jam wrote:I long for more inspired multiplayer modes. Whenever this subject crosses my mind I think of the wealth of options available in Time splitters 2.

Wasn't it announced for PlayStation or some such thing?
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : Destiny, TF, Forza 5, KI - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 62

Postby Muppetman51 » 14 Nov 2013, 22:16

Metalrodent wrote:

I agree totally, they still get in my rotation. I would love to see variations on Virus; Flame Tag; Bag Tag and Monkey Assist in this, and maybe a Robofish/Calamari titan? :D

While that is highly unlikely, it can't be a coincidence that this was the last time I enjoyed multi-player.

I hate to say it but this might be something I admire from afar. I have high hopes that this will be a game that changes the tone of online multi-player and gives single-player campaigns a new standard to reach in order to be successful. But, and much like my own its a fairly big butt, I worry that Respawn will pull their punches.

I'm worried that the reports about the narrative being fairly pointless will deprive the game of what I thought was a great advantage: encouraging co-operation between anonymous people by giving them a more nuanced set-up that needs actual teamwork. If you believe that you either can't or won't get people to buy into (forgive me every English teacher ever) "mingleplayer" why bother with a story at all? What are they relying on instead to differentiate themselves from other online shooters, apart from the hope that playing on next gen is an auto-nerf on current gen online jack-assery due to early-adopter demographics?

I am more than willing to give online multi-player another try when I upgrade, and while it looks like I'll be there for Titanfall 2 rather than the original I'm worried that I'll be entering an online world that's run as fast as it can just to stay exactly where it is. Never mind the learning curve of coming to a game late, if I play this, and it hasn't really done what's expected, I'm coming to a game where the only recourse I'll have if nothing's really changed is not to play a game that by all accounts is one not to miss. I guess in summation I'd like Respawn to give the "story" parameters some cojones.
I summon bigger fish to crush Bubble
Muppetman51 42

Postby happpydays » 14 Nov 2013, 22:51

Daniel2 wrote:Go to be 1080p for me, ms know we need this.

please not 1080p thing again :roll:
happpydays 37

Postby The Hulk » 15 Nov 2013, 01:21

I think 'TitanFall' will definitely be a 'good' game! Yet without a decent story or world to care about it won't be a 'Great' title !

The only thing I hope is that the delay to the game's release is due to a rewriting or reinvigoration of the story not because of optimisation issues with the Xbox One!

A great story and innovative game play beat graphics every time for me!
Halo 3 was a 'Pugly' game even when it was released but I definitely think it was one of console gamings greatest classics!

I think people are totally entitled to be angry over 1080p 60fps on Ghost because the title brings NO innovation with the new console it's the same game just with better graphics. So if graphics are the only improvement then of course people will be ANGRY if it doesn't meet expectations! (Yes I know multiplayer also supports more than 12 too!)

I would take a great 'universe', story and characters in Titanfall at 720p 60fps over the game I played at eurogamer @ 1080p 60fps!

Fingers Crossed ! :wink:
The Hulk 46

Postby usernameistaken1 » 15 Nov 2013, 08:43

all i want is 1080p 60fps and a great storyline which i will be mad if it does not have it because these guys made the only cod with a good campaign
i won't be a rockstar i will be a legend freddie motherf****ing mercury
usernameistaken1 34

Postby CunningSmile » 15 Nov 2013, 10:16

Titanfall on Xbox One: One thing CunningSmile wants Respawn to add

A Single Player mode with a plot
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby mackered » 15 Nov 2013, 10:33

CunningSmile wrote:Titanfall on Xbox One: One thing CunningSmile wants Respawn to add

A Single Player mode with a plot

But plot had to be sacrificed to optimise blitz death flag and capture those zombies.
Jehovah Witnesses don't celebrate Halloween. Guess they don't like random people coming knocking on their doors. Also, when your partner says "correct me if I'm wrong" would you?
mackered 58

Postby CunningSmile » 15 Nov 2013, 11:18

Oh that's OK then, so long as they had a reason for their game completely lacking any form of narrative or context for your murderous actions :lol:
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 15 Nov 2013, 11:19

CunningSmile wrote:Oh that's OK then, so long as they had a reason for their game completely lacking any form of narrative or context for your murderous actions :lol:

What are you talking about? There's tonnes of context e.g. "the lady who looks like Vasquez off Aliens told me to."
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby FishyGinger » 15 Nov 2013, 11:27

CunningSmile wrote:Oh that's OK then, so long as they had a reason for their game completely lacking any form of narrative or context for your murderous actions :lol:

What context do you need exactly? Have you watched Robot Jox? Things with big robots don't need stories. And transformers doesn't count because....reasons.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby ChaoticP » 15 Nov 2013, 12:27

Adding onto the list, robot/pilot customization.
ChaoticP 52

Next