to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Lego Marvel Super Heroes Xbox 360

Your comments on our articles.

Marvellous characters roam a decent but aerially-challenged world

I'd never really considered how carefully Tony Stark has to tweak each of his hands and feet to stop himself flying into a sixth floor window as Iron Man. In the movies they go to great lengths to show how a rocket-man might move in the air, constantly fidgeting and countering thrust. But I'd never appreciated that, either, until I saw it in Lego Marvel. Ever since Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, TT's animation has been some of the most beautifully detailed around.... read more

Lego Marvel Super Heroes Xbox 360

Postby The Hulk » 15 Nov 2013, 11:42

Hulk ANGRY ! Raaaaaah! 7 out of 10 !

OXM give Alien:Colonial Marines a 6 out of 10! That game nearly make Hulk destroy Xbox live Hulk was so disappointed !
Why game so bad for flying 'Tin man' !

Hulk hope Xbox One delay of the game is to improve flight controls for 'Tin man' and 'Princess with big hammer' not because of graphics optimisation!

Calms down: At least 'true believers' can play the Demo for themselves and decide if the flight controls are a deal breaker!

Still getting my 'Super pack' preorder from Game for the Symbiote Spider-man, Dark Phoenix, Falcon, winter Soldier, Classic Hawkeye, Thanos, A-bomb, and Betaray Bill ! :mrgreen:
The Hulk 41

Re: Lego Marvel Super Heroes Xbox 360

Postby GobTheGhoul » 15 Nov 2013, 11:57

From how you describe the controls, isn't it similar to Saint's Row's (The Third at least as I've not played the others) way of controlling certain vehicles? Maybe you need to get better at video games? :wink:
GobTheGhoul 1

Postby CunningSmile » 15 Nov 2013, 12:00

I played the demo and had a blast so I'm definitely picking this up regardless of score. In fairness Superman's flying in Lego Batman 2 was pretty naff and it didn't stop it being a really fun game to play.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby captainhetty » 15 Nov 2013, 12:04

I did find the flight mechanics a bit difficult to get to grips with at first, but after a while you get used to it. I don't think they're that bad, really.

Enjoyed the demo, will be picking this up at some point.
"Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets, it's going to be a Crumpocalypse."
PSN - captain_hetty
captainhetty 56

Postby SilentDark » 15 Nov 2013, 12:21

Gah, I have three games to get in the next four weeks so this review has made me reconsider this title, at least in the short term. I hate these decisions. :(
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Postby Chameleon1977 » 15 Nov 2013, 12:42

Response elsewhere seems to have been significantly more positive - metacritic has seven of twenty-one reviews at 9/10, and only one other at 7/10 and one at 6/10. Average is 83, which isn't bad for metacritic.

I'll be getting it as soon as I can on X1, whether that's Day1 via D/L or on 29th on disk.
Chameleon1977 47

Postby captainhetty » 15 Nov 2013, 12:44

I think this review is a tad unfair considering the writer's main gripe is that they couldn't use the controls properly. Not being any good at something doesn't mean it's shit ;)
"Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets, it's going to be a Crumpocalypse."
PSN - captain_hetty
captainhetty 56

Postby bamozzy » 15 Nov 2013, 13:15

I must admit to really liking the Lego games - even the first Indiana Jones one too. I suppose the reason I like the ones based on movies (like Indiana Jones, Star Wars: TCS) is because I also enjoyed the movies and like the humourous take on these.

The Batman Lego games however are not based on movies, but I am a fan of Batman. These games are also enjoyable too. Again I really like the humour.

I want this too because I really enjoy the Marvel Characters. No doubt this game will also have the same brand of humour. You certainly don't buy these (as an adult) for their deep and meaningful stories or challenging puzzle solving. You buy them because of the humour and fun. I think in nearly every Lego game there has been some aspect that has presented more of challenge becaquse of the control mechanism - like the minecart bit in Indiana Jones or the Car Chase in Batman 2 which need to be done in a certain way to get the required Brick which would be a lot simpler if the control mechanism was more accurate. I never had any issue flying around in Batman 2 with any of the flying characters or vehicles and wonder if they have changed this for Marvel Super Heros.

Either way I will still be getting this - no doubt for the 360 as I don't see myself being in a position to upgrade to next gen this year. Besides I don't exactly think the Lego games need the superior power graphically - and I have always thought they looked good for what they are on this gen
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 60

Postby SilentDark » 15 Nov 2013, 15:13

Just a little question I wanted to ask any who picked it up today. I wanted to get the Iron Patriot edition but couldn't get it at my local gaming store. I found this Iron Man vs Mandarin play set edition but haven't seen it advertised on Amazon and wasn't aware it was even coming out. Anybody else found this version anywhere?
SilentDark 62

Postby Maximus T » 15 Nov 2013, 21:16

Review seemed a bit brief, didn't really touch on a lot of things at all. Will not prevent me from buying it though, what with me being a massive Marvel fan. :D
#browns
Maximus T 63

Postby The Hulk » 15 Nov 2013, 22:23

SilentDark wrote:Just a little question I wanted to ask any who picked it up today. I wanted to get the Iron Patriot edition but couldn't get it at my local gaming store. I found this Iron Man vs Mandarin play set edition but haven't seen it advertised on Amazon and wasn't aware it was even coming out. Anybody else found this version anywhere?

Sorry SilentDark the 'Iron Patriot Edition' of Lego Marvel with the Lego figure is a USA (Walmart) exclusive !

This is causing a stir in the US with Lego collectors as it is the ONLY way to get this edition of the figure!

If you REALY want it your gonna have to look to ebay !
The Hulk 41

Postby SilentDark » 15 Nov 2013, 23:02

That's not what Amazon seem to be saying, they have the Iron Patriot edition advertised. One person has even posted a review of her 3DS version coming with the figure. The version I picked up had an Ironman 3 minikit instead.
SilentDark 62

Postby The Hulk » 16 Nov 2013, 00:47

Strange one this SilentDark.....

In the USA Lego Marvel 'Iron Patriot Edition' is a Wallmart exclusive!

http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/search/ ... 0&veh=mweb

It is NOT available on Amazon.com (USA)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... ego+marvel

Perhaps the exclusivity for the Xbox360 version is still up in the Air in the UK?

Amazon UK does have the PS3 and Xbox One editions of the 'Iron Patriot Edition' available but no news on the Xbox360 version !

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... ego+marvel

A mystery of 'Super' proportions!

Perhaps the preorders on the Xbox 360 have far exceeded the publishers expectations and they simply don't have the stock to meet demand so are focusing all resources to the USA release!
The Hulk 41

Postby SilentDark » 16 Nov 2013, 01:31

I do remember the Iron Patriot edition being up for pre order, but as you say there seems to be no Iron Patriot version available now for the 360 release. I suppose the 360 version could have been the most popular and they could have run out of stock. Still haven't seen the minikit version, even checked on Play.com.
SilentDark 62

Postby Grummy » 16 Nov 2013, 12:39

That's a terrible review, I mean seriously, it's awful, it's vague, deals with very little detail. Dudes, I have to say, it's not worthy of this publication at all and frankly, I'm being generous. It has no place on this site, it's a joke. I accept it's busy and you guys have a tonne of work to do, but you've set an amazing standard for detailed, thoughtful and balanced reviews. What this review is, is one guy whinging because he couldn't handle the flying then ignoring everything else. I'm actually offended that anyone thought this was good enough to be classed as this publications actual review.

I'm not very far into the game myself right now, but the first thing I noticed was that the flight mechanics were VERY VERY GOOD, significantly improved from Lego Batman 2. I would say I can't comment on anything else this review said yet, but it doesn't say anything else, it just complains about the flight and that's one guys heavily biased opinion.

One of the worst reviews I've ever seen on this site.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Next