to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox Gold users will get free Xbox One games too - "details

Your comments on our articles.

Microsoft to extend Games with Gold promotion to next generation console

Good news, penny-pinchers! Microsoft has announced that its free Xbox Games with Gold program will indeed roll over to Xbox One, though it sounds like it won't come into effect till later in 2014.... read more

Xbox Gold users will get free Xbox One games too - "details

Postby SilentDark » 15 Nov 2013, 12:31

I would guess at Arcade titles at least initially until the stable of games they can give away for free builds up a bit. I wouldn't expect anything mindblowing to turn up for at least the first six months of the deal if not a year.
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Re: Xbox Gold users will get free Xbox One games too - "deta

Postby tyrvas » 15 Nov 2013, 14:01

I think we are all happy to hear about this,
and I'm hoping some of the games we get
are remakes of classic xbox360 games. :mrgreen:
tyrvas 16

Postby Nick Nack » 15 Nov 2013, 14:21

Excellent. I must say Microsoft are really pulling out all the stops to keep gamers happy :D
Nick Nack 42

Postby CunningSmile » 15 Nov 2013, 14:27

Nick Nack wrote:Excellent. I must say Microsoft are really pulling out all the stops to keep gamers happy :D

This is why the endless fanboy console wars baffle me. MS aren't doing this to keep us happy (although we are :D ) they are doing this to compete with Sony. For both of them it's about getting our money and nothing else.

If every fanboy got their wish and someone "won" the console war both MS and Sony would stop doing stuff like this because they would have no reason to. We'd all be forced to buy their console because otherwise we'd have to give up gaming. We need at least two strong consoles in order for both to be stronger and offer better deals.

NB: Not having a go at you Nick, your quote just helped open a door for my point.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Bezza89 » 15 Nov 2013, 14:31

http://youtu.be/NYbs0firps8

Saw this on seedyg... (CVG)
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby CunningSmile » 15 Nov 2013, 14:35

Bezza89 wrote:http://youtu.be/NYbs0firps8

:lol:
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 15 Nov 2013, 14:50

Didn't ps+ only start because the ps3 was trailing by some margin at the start of last gen and they had to catch up? Is this what you humans call....irony?
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby SilentDark » 15 Nov 2013, 15:10

CunningSmile wrote:
Nick Nack wrote:Excellent. I must say Microsoft are really pulling out all the stops to keep gamers happy :D

This is why the endless fanboy console wars baffle me. MS aren't doing this to keep us happy (although we are :D ) they are doing this to compete with Sony. For both of them it's about getting our money and nothing else.

If every fanboy got their wish and someone "won" the console war both MS and Sony would stop doing stuff like this because they would have no reason to. We'd all be forced to buy their console because otherwise we'd have to give up gaming. We need at least two strong consoles in order for both to be stronger and offer better deals.

NB: Not having a go at you Nick, your quote just helped open a door for my point.

Well this, I've always been baffled by fanboyism because they are clearly just trying to make money, and you catch more flies with honey as the saying goes. Fanboyism can end up becoming rather self destructive because any perceived affront to the fanboys becomes a very personal betrayal.

NB: Not having a go at anyone...except perhaps fanboys of all creeds and colours. :lol:
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Postby TronZler » 15 Nov 2013, 16:34

Read about this in the early hours of this morning over at IGN. Quite welcome news i must say,as personally,i wouldn't have expected it on the One due to no back catalogue of games. As a few say though,its probably because of Ps Plus an of course agree with everyone here,that if it wasn't for competing for each side we wouldn't be getting these fine bonuses. As i've said before,i certainly don't think they owe me anything,i certainly get more than my moneys worth out them as it is.

Just have one little worry though,i hope it won't be games like Crimson Dragon straight away,or any other launch download only title,as i'd have already bought them on launch day,it would be good for everyone else of course an nothing wrong with that. It's just take this months games for free example,they are games i hadn't heard of an Iron Brigade anyway seems like it might be allright,heard Keflings wasn't bad too. So i like being offered interesting games that i wouldn't have tried before tis all.
Just have to wait an see what they offer,but either way there will be no complaints from me :wink:

Good news for me today is .... *drum roll* My One is being made ready for delivery HOORAH!! :D
TronZler 23

Postby ipsofacto » 15 Nov 2013, 18:28

Good news. Well done Microsoft :D
ipsofacto 42

Postby Nick Nack » 15 Nov 2013, 20:29

CunningSmile wrote:

Gonna say i'm no fanboy, i'm just glad Microsoft are giving us gamers great value for money. I've never ever been a fanboy haha, i'm a 39 year old gamer and owned literally every gaming console known to man lol. I don't get the whole fanboy thing either, i buy consoles for the games not brand loyalty :wink:

Anyhow i'm too old for all that fanboy bashing lmfao!
Nick Nack 42

Postby mackered » 15 Nov 2013, 20:33

Bezza89 wrote:http://youtu.be/NYbs0firps8

Thanks for that, needed a laugh today :)
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50

Postby mackered » 15 Nov 2013, 20:36

Nick Nack", "CunningSmile wrote:Excellent. I must say Microsoft are really pulling out all the stops to keep gamers happy

Gonna say i'm no fanboy, i'm just glad Microsoft are giving us gamers great value for money. I've never ever been a fanboy haha, i'm a 39 year old gamer and owned literally every gaming console known to man lol. I don't get the whole fanboy thing either, i buy consoles for the games not brand loyalty :wink:

Anyhow i'm too old for all that fanboy bashing lmfao!

What Junior said.
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50

Postby KernowDevil23 » 15 Nov 2013, 20:38

OMGZ MS I LUVZ U!!!!

Ahem.....Yes good job MS. Well done in reacting to the competition.
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56