to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

EA: "We have the best games" of any publisher on Xbox One an

Your comments on our articles.

"Trust me, as a gamer, you will notice the difference immediately" on new consoles

EA has the most and "best" next generation games of any publisher, according to EA Studios executive vice president Patrick Soderlund, in what probably isn't the most humble blog post you'll read all year.... read more

Re: EA: "We have the best games" of any publisher on Xbox On

Postby msbhvn » 15 Nov 2013, 19:30

"great games should deliver defining moments ... the kind of defining moments that you thrive on and remember as a gamer."

What, like the ending of Mass Effect 3? Oh yes, I WENT THERE! :twisted:

Seriously, I couldn't care less about any game that EA are selling and that includes BioWare's future output.
Massively Multiplatform since ever, fanboys!
User avatar
msbhvn 69
 
Posts: 4330
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 19:10
Location: United Kingdom

Re: EA: "We have the best games" of any publisher on Xbox On

Postby CunningSmile » 15 Nov 2013, 19:39

I thought the best games on the One were published by Ubisoft?
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
User avatar
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 10913
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: EA: "We have the best games" of any publisher on Xbox On

Postby SilentDark » 15 Nov 2013, 20:27

CunningSmile wrote:I thought the best games on the One were published by Ubisoft?

You'd probably be right nemesis. The only two next gen titles that look vaugely interesting to me right now are Watchdogs and Dead Rising (that's largely due to the time limit being dropped)
You know, Hitler wasn't all bad, after all, he did kill Hitler.
SilentDark 65
 
Posts: 2416
Joined: 10 Jan 2013, 15:40
Location: United Kingdom

Re: EA: "We have the best games" of any publisher on Xbox On

Postby sixstringer54 » 15 Nov 2013, 20:30

EA just care about annually updating the sports franchises to rake in loads of cash. Making great games just doesn't appeal to them,
sixstringer54 3
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 13 Aug 2013, 21:17

Re: EA: "We have the best games" of any publisher on Xbox On

Postby KernowDevil23 » 15 Nov 2013, 20:34

sixstringer54 wrote:EA just care about annually updating the sports franchises to rake in loads of cash. Making great games just doesn't appeal to them,


So because games are updated annually automatically makes them "not great"?

Nice logic.
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
User avatar
KernowDevil23 56
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 21:53

Re: EA: "We have the best games" of any publisher on Xbox On

Postby Funkcase » 15 Nov 2013, 20:41

EA shouldn't brag too much, they just have the ability to buy out good studios. I don't hate them, I recognise that they're a corporation and making money is their purpose; they release some good stuff, but just as much of their output is terrible. I do look forward to future Bioware games and I'm hugely excited for Mirrors Edge 2 though! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Funkcase 26
 
Posts: 93
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 13:15

Re: EA: "We have the best games" of any publisher on Xbox On

Postby eddieb101 » 15 Nov 2013, 21:11

ROFLMAO ...... Sure EA you keep thinking that! If Battlefield 4 is anything to go by with all its bugs and problems then your title of worse company still stands! Everything you touch these days gets screwed up in some way shape or form!
eddieb101 37
 
Posts: 89
Joined: 24 Mar 2011, 16:12

Re: EA: "We have the best games" of any publisher on Xbox On

Postby DigitalGeist » 15 Nov 2013, 22:20

Thought I'd seen it all in my long long life... I've even seen a man pleasuring a Camel!
Now I've seen the words "Trust" & "EA" in almost the same sentence... I die now, knowing there is nothing left to see.
DigitalGeist 10
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 09 May 2013, 04:13

Re: EA: "We have the best games" of any publisher on Xbox On

Postby battfink83 » 15 Nov 2013, 22:47

KernowDevil23 wrote:
sixstringer54 wrote:EA just care about annually updating the sports franchises to rake in loads of cash. Making great games just doesn't appeal to them,


So because games are updated annually automatically makes them "not great"?

Nice logic.

Actually its great logic, anually updatdd games are almost always rushed, buggy glitchfests.... ;)
This EA chap needs to grab his face and pull his whole head out of his arse, they havent even patched fifa 14's many issues yet, why would we listen to a single word they spew?
User avatar
battfink83 52
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 00:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: EA: "We have the best games" of any publisher on Xbox On

Postby KernowDevil23 » 15 Nov 2013, 22:56

battfink83 wrote:
KernowDevil23 wrote:
So because games are updated annually automatically makes them "not great"?

Nice logic.

Actually its great logic, anually updatdd games are almost always rushed, buggy glitchfests.... ;)


I'm happy you have an opinion, truly I am but without actual facts, it will always remain an opinion.
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
User avatar
KernowDevil23 56
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 21:53

Re: EA: "We have the best games" of any publisher on Xbox On

Postby battfink83 » 15 Nov 2013, 23:22

Go play one, any one, theres your facts..... lol
User avatar
battfink83 52
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 00:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: EA: "We have the best games" of any publisher on Xbox On

Postby KernowDevil23 » 15 Nov 2013, 23:26

battfink83 wrote:Go play one, any one, theres your facts..... lol


I play all EA Sports games each year. In my opinion, they're all great so what's your point?
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
User avatar
KernowDevil23 56
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 21:53

Re: EA: "We have the best games" of any publisher on Xbox On

Postby battfink83 » 15 Nov 2013, 23:54

KernowDevil23 wrote:
battfink83 wrote:Go play one, any one, theres your facts..... lol


I play all EA Sports games each year. In my opinion, they're all great so what's your point?

Aaaaah you must be one of those extremely lucky gamers who never experiences the masses of bugs and glitches in anually updated games.
Not just ea's but others too. So far in fifa 14 alone.
Freezes in.all.circumstances
Fut.transfer.market search kicks
Pro.player.stats resetting in cup matches
Server kicks across all modes
Career glitches in scouting, transfers and calander
Sticking on Messi screen when loading game.
Leader board and stat.errors in fut, clubs and career.
They still havent fixed the fut coin boosts.
Theres many more, and these are all things that have happened to me personally, other people are getting worse problems, like genuine fut player losses and the rerurn of the dreaded invisible ball glitch. ..

Typical anual game release really.....
User avatar
battfink83 52
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 00:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: EA: "We have the best games" of any publisher on Xbox On

Postby battfink83 » 16 Nov 2013, 00:04

Ea are already looking at replacing 222 player . contracts among other things I have lost on fut due to.freezes alone
User avatar
battfink83 52
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 00:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: EA: "We have the best games" of any publisher on Xbox On

Postby Starskream » 16 Nov 2013, 00:52

I dont know about any other games but I do know that Battlefield is a total mess on all the platforms it has been released on so far.
The game freezes on certain online levels requiring a reboot
it can take up to one minute to load the textures into the game
it splutters along at around 15FPS at times when theres a lot going on
if youre aiming down the sights of you gun at the start of a round it appears as a large grey triangle which covers most of the screen
sometimes you spawn without a weapon
sometimes you and others spawn invisible
you cant queue to get into friends games even if youve paid for premium
the veteran dogtags and weapons wont unlock
people who have been revived still appear to be dead until they glitch along the ground like something from the excorcist and kill you
The single player doesnt save at the best of times, if it does save but then crashes while loading a new level your save file becomes corrupt. Damn the list goes on and on and im sure there are more things that im forgetting. I just really hope that the Xbox One version plays a lot better but im pretty sure it will be a mess too judging by the complaints im hearing from my friends that bought it on PC.
Starskream 41
 
Posts: 156
Joined: 20 Jun 2013, 21:08

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]
cron