to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Forza 5: Turn 10 on next gen physics and beating the launch

Your comments on our articles.

"The design of Forza is that you can play it how you want."

Turn 10 doesn't just want to create a fantastic Xbox One launch game, with Forza Motorsport 5 - the studio is hell-bent on putting together a racer that will stand proud alongside the console's latest and greatest in a few years time. Given the rushed and chaotic circumstances in which most launch titles are developed, this is hardly a humble aim.... read more

Forza 5: Turn 10 on next gen physics and beating the launch

Postby fracturedrich » 16 Nov 2013, 14:45

I have always found on Forza the amount of things you can do to get better is mind blowing,from each car to each track,it really does set the bar so high.i am on about Forza 4 here so what this game is going to be like only the stig will no,all i no is i have never been as excited as i am now about a game.This is going to be a good Christmas people.
fracturedrich 47

Re: Forza 5: Turn 10 on next gen physics and beating the lau

Postby GHOSTY05 » 16 Nov 2013, 15:05

fracturedrich wrote:I have always found on Forza the amount of things you can do to get better is mind blowing,from each car to each track,it really does set the bar so high.i am on about Forza 4 here so what this game is going to be like only the stig will no,all i no is i have never been as excited as i am now about a game.This is going to be a good Christmas people.

Christmas? The games out next week!

Christmas has come early, cannot wait until next weekend, no gardening, cleaning, cooking, nothing but xbox. I'm not leaving the house next weekend!
GHOSTY05 39

Postby SilentDark » 16 Nov 2013, 15:11

GHOSTY05 wrote:Christmas? The games out next week!

I suppose a few people are getting Ones as xmas presents. Although seeing the excitement around here it would seem that it is next Friday instead. How any of you are going to muster any genuine excitement for xmas is beyond me. :lol:
Fear Effect 2: HLA! HLA! Dragon Age Inquisition: Ban this sick filth!.....who needs standards when you can have double standards. :?
SilentDark 63

Postby Twilight Error » 16 Nov 2013, 15:55

SilentDark wrote:
GHOSTY05 wrote:Christmas? The games out next week!

I suppose a few people are getting Ones as xmas presents. Although seeing the excitement around here it would seem that it is next Friday instead. How any of you are going to muster any genuine excitement for xmas is beyond me. :lol:

That's a valid point. Personally, I'm setting a few titles aside to be opened later. Santa Claus will be bringing Need for Speed and Ryse on 12/25, but Pre-Order Claus will be bringing Forza 5 and Battlefield 4 next Friday. Thank you, Pre-Order Claus.
Twilight Error 40

Postby fracturedrich » 16 Nov 2013, 16:59

pre order clause is a good one :lol:
fracturedrich 47

Postby OXM ETboy » 16 Nov 2013, 17:40

Pre-order Claus needs to catch on. Though it does sound a bit like some terrible legal loophole.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby KernowDevil23 » 16 Nov 2013, 17:44

I'm lucky enough to be having two Christmas days this year.

November 22nd for me and December the 25th for the rest of my family! :D
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby Twilight Error » 16 Nov 2013, 19:05

OXM ETboy wrote:Pre-order Claus needs to catch on. Though it does sound a bit like some terrible legal loophole.

Section I: The party of the first part, who wherein shall be known as Pre-Order Claus, agrees to maintain up-to-date listings of the party of the second part, who wherein shall be referenced and categorized as follows: holders of original bills of sale (“Nice”); or former holders of original bills of sale who lost original bills of sale somewhere between the place of purchase and their temporary or permanent residence (“Naughty”).

II: Pre-Order Claus promises to deliver specified items upon presentation of the original bills of sale and on the date previously agreed to by both parties without exception. The party of the second part agrees to pick up specified item or items in a timely manner, or to arrange delivery of specified item or items by a third party which may or may not include reindeer. (Use of reindeer may be declared mandatory in instances of weather-related scenarios where the absence of brightly-lit red noses could result in delivery delays. Void where prohibited by law.)

III: The party of the second part agrees to void their right to civil action if and when the early acceptance of specified item or items negates expected feelings of joy on the morning of December 25 (sometimes known as “Christmas”), and maintains sole accountability for said lack of joy. Pre-Order Claus will make no guarantee that specified item or items may or may not experience a diminishing level of awesomeness that may or may not last from time of delivery through the day and evening of December 25.

IV: The party of the second part makes no guarantee that diminishing level of awesomeness will or will not be discussed at great length on various websites and on social media, and makes no guarantee that the words “boring,” “total disappointment,” “waste of money,” or “what were they thinking” will or will not be used. (Exemptions will be made for any specific item produced by Rockstar Games, because Grand Theft Auto. Expressions of disappointment due to early issues with GTA Online are void upon virtual receipt of virtual financial compensation virtually provided by Rockstar Games.)

V: The party of the second part acknowledges that a diminishing level of awesomeness may or may not be affected by the party of the second part's cousin, who is in town for the holidays, and who can't seem to keep his sticky hands off of everything in their room. The party of the second part acknowledges that complaints specific to this situation shall be lobbied toward the parents of the party of the second part, which may or may not be met with "Just be nice. We only see them once a year. Now give your grandmother a kiss and thank her for knitting your new sweater."

VI: The party of the second part agrees to kiss their grandmother. The party of the second part also agrees to wear a knitted sweater for at least one family photograph, which may or may not be displayed in an embarrassingly obvious location.

VII: Pre-Order Claus promises to maintain personal availability at various times throughout the calendar year, and further promises to provide services relating to items specified and described by the staff at OXM, both print and digital editions, who may or may not be elves. (Elven ancestry shall not be assumed based on appearance of pointed ears or display of fur-laden extremities.)

VIII: The party of the second part agrees that the staff at OXM will in no way bear responsibility for any obsessive anticipation of specified items, and consequences of constant visits to OXM's digital portal shall be the sole responsibility of the party of the second part, including but not limited to loss of employment, loss of teeth due to hygiene-based neglect, or loss of spouse due to loss of employment and hygiene based-neglect.

IX: OXM shall in no way be held accountable for any damage to hardware or person resulting from the reaction to, or perception of, negative information applied toward specified items that the party of the second part knew could have been much better if the studio only had a little more time to work with the new hardware.

X: The parties agree that the UN Convention on Fake Contracts Created by Bored Individuals on a Saturday shall apply in its entirety. All rights reserved.
Twilight Error 40

Postby Metalrodent » 16 Nov 2013, 19:46

Be nice if at some point before it's release (either in the review or an interview) if you guys could find out if the game now has a proper damage model, as opposed to mildy scraped paint
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Postby mackered » 16 Nov 2013, 20:02

But if you can't damage cars, how can I get the most cars written off day one achievement?
If you're not supposed to put your hands in your pockets, why do they put them right where your hands hang?
mackered 55

Postby KernowDevil23 » 16 Nov 2013, 20:21

Dan Greenawalt wrote:the new materials that let you see the orange peel in the paint and the irregularities - it looks great

Commenting as a time served Vehicle Paint Technician (otherwise known as a squirter!), having "Orange peel & irregularities" are not something to show off, especially on cars costing up to and over a million quid! :D
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby mackered » 16 Nov 2013, 20:54

KernowDevil23 wrote:
Dan Greenawalt wrote:the new materials that let you see the orange peel in the paint and the irregularities - it looks great

Commenting as a time served Vehicle Paint Technician (otherwise known as a squirter!), having "Orange peel & irregularities" are not something to show off, especially on cars costing up to and over a million quid! :D

But for the sake of realism, I hope that those "irregularities" can be "user created".
If you're not supposed to put your hands in your pockets, why do they put them right where your hands hang?
mackered 55

Postby Starskream » 16 Nov 2013, 21:38

When will OXM be publishing the review for Forza and all the other Xbox One games for that matter?? Not that it will really influence my decision on buying Forza since I'm getting it free with the Xbox but I wouldn't mind reading or watching the reviews for Ryse and Dead Rising since I'm still on the fence about getting them or not.
Starskream 41

Postby fracturedrich » 17 Nov 2013, 09:08

Starskream wrote:When will OXM be publishing the review for Forza and all the other Xbox One games for that matter?? Not that it will really influence my decision on buying Forza since I'm getting it free with the Xbox but I wouldn't mind reading or watching the reviews for Ryse and Dead Rising since I'm still on the fence about getting them or not.

I no some sites will be putting reviews up starting Monday on Xbox one games,i have heard Forza reviews will be going out Wednesday on some sites,can,t answer for this site though as things seem pretty hush hush on next gen reviews at the moment.
fracturedrich 47

Postby Starskream » 17 Nov 2013, 15:47

I really don't understand the whole point in these review embargos or whatever they are. Its pretty obvious that the games are finished, printed and ready for sale but they still wont allow any of the sites to review them for fear of what exactly?? If theres a game im still on the fence about I'm not going to preorder it no matter how many "dev diaries" and other videos I've seen of it without reading some impartial reviews of the finished game.

Things change from these hands on previews and I have to look no further than Aliens Colonial Marines to prove the point that previews cannot always be trusted. I bought that bundle of dung before I had read a review and was left with a £40 turkey. That won't be happening this time around since I don't have as much extra money to throw at games. Gone are the days of me buying a game, playing it 15 minutes then relegating it to the "gather dust" pile.
Starskream 41

Next